Forums

Help › Forums

Re: hack amateur pro master what are the averages?

Mon, Apr 24 2023 9:25 AM (143 replies)
  • NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 5:09 PM

slotster:

well how many rounds  are there in  a tier and what average  do u need to move to  next  tier???

Here you go my friend.  It is posted in other threads and I will put it here for you.  Good luck and like others have mentioned.  Do not get in a rush to move up.  Play your game and have fun.  Thats why we are all here.

"I found this in the forums and I believe this is correct.  I do not deserve credit for this information.  WGT does not either as they do not make it public.  However, over the years the players have finally got the formula figured out.  I believe. Here it is.

So in summary we have:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

A couple things you should all know.  One is that your average starts over after you reach a new tier.  Your first round at the new tier will be your new average.  Second, the rounds you need to complete as listed above are the number of rounds that you need in that tier.  Not total overall.  For example, you have to have 25 rounds and an average under 67 in the Pro Tour tier to advance to master.  Hope this helps answer any questions any of you may have.

-Nuke"

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2012 10:00 PM

NukeRat:

Why are there legends with above 61 avg?

I was a legend with a 62 point something avg.  It didn't matter if I shot a 70 in a RR... my avg never went up... and still doesn't.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2012 10:37 PM

TheSpaghettiKid:

NukeRat:

Why are there legends with above 61 avg?

I was a legend with a 62 point something avg.  It didn't matter if I shot a 70 in a RR... my avg never went up... and still doesn't.

After 400 rounds as a Legend the average doesn't rise any more.

• NigelNorman
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:00 AM

I just became legend, after geting my average just below 61. After that i played 1- 9 hole round and scored -2 and my average went back to 66, i have slowly got it back to 64.76.

I think your average starts over again when you go up a tier. Because you tee off from further back makes it harder to score as well. I don't know how anyone gets thier average to 55 like some players.

I rented the G20's lvl 83 clubs when i got to that level, i think i could do a little better with them, after getting use to them more, just need to buy them now.

My guess is you need to be lower than 61 average to get to legend status. 

ie- 60.99 would get you there.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 2:58 AM

NigelNorman:

I just became legend, after geting my average just below 61. After that i played 1- 9 hole round and scored -2 and my average went back to 66, i have slowly got it back to 64.76.

I think your average starts over again when you go up a tier. Because you tee off from further back makes it harder to score as well. I don't know how anyone gets thier average to 55 like some players.

[...]

My guess is you need to be lower than 61 average to get to legend status. 

ie- 60.99 would get you there.

No, it's 61.0000

Yes, the average starts from scratch and floats until those 400 rounds.

The first game's result will be the average then: -2 on CCC is 33 strokes => 66 average.

For those with ego issues (like me when I turned Master):

One way to legally keep the average down in the beginning is to repeatedly play an multiround unlimited weekly or monthly tournament where one entered in the former tier. Conditions remain unchanged - i.e. Master tees for a new Legend - and the score counts towards the Legend average.

Edit: wording

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 7:59 PM

I was made a legend with a 62 point something avg.

I dunno... I may not fit the mold since I was one of those "lucky ones" who was made an L30 Legend from Master when they went to the new tier/level system.

When I came back last month as a legend...  my avg didn't move an iota, no matter what i shot, until I scored my 29 on oakmont... then it went to 61.99... it has moved twice since then... after my 59 on Olympic and then after the 58 on Olympic.

And I only have 412 RR TOTAL!... including ALL TIERS from Hack to Legend.

Not 400 RR as Legend.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 8:21 PM

TheSpaghettiKid:

And I only have 412 RR TOTAL!... including ALL TIERS from Hack to Legend.

Not 400 RR as Legend.

I'd bet it's because of the long time you took off, and the "computer" took all your rounds as Legend rounds.

No worries, we know you're a bogey golfer;)

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 8:52 PM

MBaggese:

No worries, we know you're a bogey golfer;)

I might give my left nut to consistently play legit bogey golf IRL... 

ok that might be going to far...

I would most definitely give my left nut to shoot in the 100% legit 80's consistently on any course IRL.

Yah.  Fo Sho!

Telocvik

• fireball84094
    355 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 10:15 PM

thanks for the info Nuke

• luccalass
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 9:17 AM

hi Nukerat and all you guys asking about advancing tiers.  I just seen there's the table of averages and required number of rounds.  Well i was just trotting along as a lil' old Master when after TEN rounds (and a couple of seriously lucky St A's) I hit 63 average and bingo! I'm a Tour master.  that changes the criteria somewhat don't you think??  Here's an extract, non-ranked rounds stripped:

10.29.12 Tour Master Kiawah Back 9 Ready Go  Back 9 Tour Master 30
    10.29.12 Master St Andrews Full 18 Ready Go  Full 18 Master 60
    10.28.12 Wk 43 9-hole Single Play  Front 9 Master 35
    10.27.12 Master Oakmont Back 9 Ready Go  Back 9 Master 31
    10.27.12 Master St Andrews Full 18 Ready Go  Full 18 Master 60
    10.27.12 Master Whistler Full 18 Ready Go  Full 18 Master 66
    10.26.12 Master St Andrews Full 18 Ready Go  Full 18 Master 59
    10.26.12 Master Olympic Club Front 9 Ready Go  Front 9 Master 32
    10.26.12 Master Oakmont Back 9 Ready Go  Back 9 Master 32
    10.25.12 Master Whistler Full 18 Ready Go  Full 18 Master 70
    10.25.12 Master St Andrews Full 18 Ready Go  Full 18 Master 61
    10.25.12 Master Olympic Club Front 9 Ready Go  Front 9 Master 32
    10.25.12 Tour Pro Kiawah Back 9 Ready Go  Back 9 Tour Pro 34

Actually the average seems to be 63.64 for 11 rounds but hey.

Guess if you like playing RG's stick to the difficult courses!

Thought I'd let people know, the minimum number of rounds seems to be WAY down

RSS