Forums

Help › Forums

Re: COURSE LAYOUT PLAN

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 11 2022 1:31 PM (7 replies)
  • mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2012 2:37 PM

I don't know what anyone else thinks about this but wouldn't it be a good idea if you could have a look at the layout plan for all the courses on WGT.

It would give you an idea of how each individual hole runs in respect of the last one.

Give some indication of varying wind speeds on each hole.

On some courses I have had different wind directions on every hole I have played. I can understand that if you are on the back 9 and the wind is blowing from behind then the wind would be slightly different on each hole but not from behind on one and then the next its a strong head wind.

Having a plan of the course would give you some idea.

Any thoughts.

Mel1950 

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2012 4:25 PM

I thought you might be able to go to the Courses' web site and find a layout?

But that won't do you any good as the wind is RANDOM on every hole.

I guess that is because it is probably too hard to write the code for proper wind direction in relation to the course layout. As well as what the prevailing wind is.

As I would guess that the wind is usually from about the same direction at St Andy's most of the year the only difference is how hard it's blowing?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 10:45 AM

The winds on each hole on here bear no resemblance to their direction. Each hole is random windwise. 

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 2:09 PM

piztaker:

The winds on each hole on here bear no resemblance to their direction. Each hole is random windwise. 

I didn't realise that when it says Random winds it was different on every hole. I thought random winds was for the course itself in that the wind strength and direction applied to the course not to each hole.

Silly me. I should have known WGT wouldn't think and act logically.

My mistake.lol:~))

MEL

• CrazyJoeBonano1
    115 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2022 11:11 AM

Given all the math that goes into the game, I would bet they could draw actual current wind conditions for any course and use them in-game.  The matter of using the real world layout for each course and applying a wind direction and speed w/ variability would be NOTHING compared to some of the physics that goes into the game.

WGT just hasn't decided that it's important I guess.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2022 1:56 AM

CrazyJoeBonano1:
    WGT just hasn't decided that it's important I guess.
    Quite the contrary!

WGT has decided to use random winds, hole by hole. Otherwise, you might restart a round after a few holes until you can expect favourable wind further down the road.

RSS