Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Lee Westwood or "Rory McILroy"

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 12 2012 10:47 PM (3 replies)
  • BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2012 5:21 PM

I like to play Congressional here at WGT. It's a tough Championship course that's for sure.

But as for real golf, do you think that anyone will post this kind of 4 round score at a U.S. Open at Congressional?

On 17 June during the second round, McIlroy became the first player in the history of the tournament to amass a score of 13-under-par at any point in the tournament. He achieved the feat by making a birdie at the 17th hole in the second round. Despite a double bogey on the final hole, his two-day total of 131 (65–66, 11-under par) set a record as the lowest 36-hole total in U.S. Open history.[ The score was one better than Ricky Barnes' 132 in 2009. He was also the fastest golfer to reach double digits under par in the U.S. Open, reaching 10 under par in 26 holes

On 18 June, during the U.S. Open's third round, he became the first player to reach 14-under par at the tournament by making a birdie at the 15th hole, on his way to a 54-hole U.S. Open record of 199. In doing so, he also built an eight-shot lead going into the final round. A final round of 69 allowed him to claim his first major championship setting the 72-hole record.

Do you think that Lee Westwood will win a Major finally this year? Do you think Rory will win MORE than one Major?

Rory spanked Lee at the Accenture MP tourney. Someone had a thread & couldn't spell McILroy so,,,& they also asked who was better. WHo is better? It's a no-brainer, "McILroy".

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 4:51 AM

Rory's the better player fo sho'

• RogerSpacey
    91 Posts
    Sun, Apr 8 2012 8:15 PM

I know Rory has great skills, but he's still struggling with consistency. Westwood will win a major very soon, but not necessarily this year. It could be any time. The question is with Luke Donald struggling so bad and Rory finishing so far down the leaderboard, who will be World number 1 this week?

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2012 10:47 PM

I'm bumping this up because I knew this guy would win another major this year and here you go. Not trying to say that I'm some big golf prognosticator or guru, just sayin:

Rory McIlroy is the best in the world. This isn't his last Major win, I'll bet on that. Congrats to Rory & his great achievment AGAIN.

Widest margin of a lead in a major championship once more, breaks Nicklaas's record.

PGA Champ Rory, no-one younger has won it either i believe, not sure there but,

CONGRATs RORY McIlroy!

RSS