Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Silly

Sat, Jan 16 2010 6:01 PM (9 replies)
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:53 PM

So here I am going to my mailbox....open it up and there it is, my late Christmas present to my self.

Just had to share.

View Full Size Image

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 3:44 PM

Looks nice!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 3:52 PM

Nice hat.  I'm guessing you got that in the WGT store?  How much did that set you back?  I haven't looked into the gear too much.

BTW, this is off-topic but, every time I see your name I start singing the chorus to the song "Soulcrusher" by Operator except substituting your name instead.. =)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:08 PM

Over Christmas Zazzle had a 30% off deal. With shipping (to Canada) it cost me 30 bucks.

I've already been asked about it.

Niv .....your link is blocked  in Canada. You guys don't want to share I guess...lol

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:11 PM

Soulcatcher:
    your link is blocked  in Canada.

Is it really?  Jeez.  Try this one instead.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:27 PM

That is awesome...it's like a tool soundgarden cross..I now adopt that as my song.

Don't worry Niv I do give a f**k about you.....lol

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:46 PM

I thought it was Soundgarden at first too.  That guy sounds a lot like Chris Cornell.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 5:07 PM

Oh I would say without a doubt that IS CC. 

Good call on the tool "sound" too, I hear that vibe clearly. 

EDIT - HOLY SH**  No it is NOT CC, I would have bet money on that one. 

Here is what a quick search pulled up:

If the former members of Soundgarden wished to reunite without their original singer, Operator's Johnny Strong would likely top the list of potential candidates. At times, Strong delivers a vocal sound that is such a dead-ringer for Chris Cornell's singing style and tonality that an untrained ear would be seriously challenged to tell them apart. Joining Strong for SOULCRUSHER (the band's debut) is former Puddle Of Mudd guitarist Paul Phillips. The album grooves with emotionally driven, radio-friendly hard rock not unlike...er...Soundgarden.

Seems we all agree on the vibe anyway

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 7:41 PM

I was almost fooled there too!  And yeah I got the Tool vibe in there too.  

Slightly off topic, but anyone notice how well the new front man William DuVall fits in on the new Alice in Chains Album?  

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 6:01 PM

So this was me  walking home with my hat from the mailbox.

RSS