Help › Forums

Re: So this is what I'm in for?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 13 2010 5:35 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JenniferLove
    10 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:43 AM

I can deal with crude retorts. I have been, (until recently), working in machine shops for over 25 years. Trust me, machinists and operators are a crude but fun bunch. I can curse and insult with the best of them if it's called for. I'm not really a turn the other cheek kinda gal when it comes to insults. Harassment is an other subject all together. I spent 4 years in the Air Force at a time where women where not treated well in the armed forces. My sister did the same in the Navy 5 years earlier. She did data entry in Bethesda, MD. A computer then took up a whole room.

Don, have you seen what some of those original arcade games are going for now-a-days. WOW. I saw a Frogger game on eBay go for $35000. It didn't even work but had spare parts that they claimed would make it work for some one who knew the electronics. Can you imagine hanging on to the stuff we played with back then. There were antiques but nowhere was there collectibles like there are today. My son-in-law's Dad has a baseball card collection that he won't tell his sons it's worth, he is afraid they will kill him for it. (Kidding) His wife told me it is insured at over $100,000 and in a bank vault. He has about 5000 cards she thinks. My ex-husband is into model cars and Hot Wheels. Some of his cars are worth $200 each. I have some crocheted (sp) blankets that are 40 years old. I wonder what I could get for those, $20? LOL

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 11:58 AM

I wish I had half the quarters that Space Invaders got from me. The only thing that got me away from that was that Tri-Cities game where you rolled the track ball and protected 3 cities from overhead bombers. Then Qix showed up along with Dig Dug. Oiy!

Now what really ties me to those times are the Nintendo thumbs that hurt all the time because it took me sooooo long to beat Dr. Mario and Gannon.  Now I have to deal with back spasms from swinging a virtual club!   Sheesh.......

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 12:46 PM

Welcome Jennifer!  Be sure to check out "Getting Started" and "FAQs" over there---------->

If you love golf, you'll be glad you found this place.  Be careful, or you won't be able to quit (smile).

Joey

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 4:53 AM

Hey Jennifer,

It is always nice to have one of the brethren join (I am a tool and die maker by trade).

When you start a game take a quick look at the players profile by clicking their name in the top left and then clicking full profile. If their friends list contains nothing but.......how do I say this...... questionable avatars.... you have a good idea what you are in for.

Welcome and happy hitting. 

Vitaj

• JenniferLove
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 5:35 PM

Thanks Soulcatcher, I was involved in QC. Didn't want to dirty my fingernails. LOL. I know exactly what you mean about the avatars. Thanks.

• PAGES
RSS