Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How to master the swing meter???

Fri, Feb 24 2023 10:13 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Saltice
    22 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2018 11:19 PM

My meter skill is definitely my achillis and has pretty much plateau'd my game from getting any better past being an average Legend player.   I have to use balls with at least 3.5 meter and only use clubs with a slow meter even if I loose some distance, forgiveness, precision, spin, etc.  Its hilarious when I run out of balls during a round and have to play the WGT default plain white egg ball.  The meter is so fast my tablet can't handle the graphics load and will start skipping frames during the half second white blur going across my screen.  My aims always try to account for some meter miss, making me more of a feel player than a spreadsheet grinder.  I have learned that when dealing with lateral winds it is better for me to utilize drawing and fading into those winds easing their lateral effect.  And instead of trying to ding every shot it's easier for me to be a little early or late into that wind or even against slopes when putting.  A champion level player once suggested to me to hold at the backswing for a second or two then release it, allowing your mind to slow down and find better rhythm.  That helps me a ton, but there's no getting around dealing with the different meter speeds amongst all of the clubs in me bag

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 8:27 AM

Another thing to try- I think that Lonnie Scott mention it in a post I once read 'Don't swing a full meter, back off to 99% or 98%'. We all want max distance but to be good in this game you have to stay in the fairways

I found out that if I tap my finger (off to the side of my screen or mouse) as it reaches the ding during those first 2 run throughs, on that 3rd one, I click my mouse or tap my screen, it helps with my timing. It even works with the Rock.

Siders Best

• Downeast1
    1 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2022 8:47 AM

only arrow i get is always on the meter center

• CSM111
    119 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2023 10:30 AM

One thing I found that was a help is get all your clubs with same meter speed I also practice a count after releasing my swing hitting the stop at same count for my clubs it is a little over a 3 count it is something you have to figure for yourself. But when you do I think you will be more consistent. Unless like me and my count is off lol. 😂😂

• jerrykrouse
    14 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2023 8:34 AM

This helped me.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2023 10:13 AM

This has done the rounds on the forum a few times and it's quite fun to test your reflexes.

• PAGES
RSS