Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ready to go

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 28 2009 10:10 AM (4 replies)
  • BGibbons
    8 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 1:01 AM

why am i challenging masters in ready to go,im a pro,they have more expeirence

as i have seen they always win

pros to pros

masters to masters

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 8:13 AM

That would also cut down on the multi-accounters that have plagued the WGT as of late.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 8:26 AM

BGibbons:

why am i challenging masters in ready to go,im a pro,they have more expeirence

as i have seen they always win

pros to pros

masters to masters

I can agree with that in principle.

It's still a work in progress, so if WGT sees a lot of participation in the ready go tournys by players in the Pro tiers, maybe they'll start to do ready go tournys as tier based events.

But I suspect that sandbagging will only increase if they start doing ready go tournys by tier.   And you'll end up in the same situation, this time looking up at "Pro" tier players who are "Master" tier players in disguise.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 8:35 AM

marioh:

But I suspect that sandbagging will only increase if they start doing ready go tournys by tier.   And you'll end up in the same situation, this time looking up at "Pro" tier players who are "Master" tier players in disguise.

I suspect that would be reason enough to keep it tierless.

One thing I think you will start seeing though will be less involvement by top master players eventually. Once their "bank" becomes full with credits I would think it would be less desirable to play alot in them. It's takes alot of time to play 6 a day after all. So that's when the good pros can start seeing more profit.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 10:10 AM

2 thoughts;

1) its just a matter of time before we see an am or hack post a 59 in a ready-go...imho, the ready-go is wide open to an unprecedented flood of sandbaggers....WGT: if you are listening, average based tiers is fine, but there should also be a scoring threshold that can bump a player's tier regardless of overall average....for example, anyone posting a 59 on either course should be an automatic bump to master, regardless of overall average...similarly, a 65 or better should be an automatic bump to pro....all imho of course.

2) i think the ready-go is a wonderful construct...if i pull up any random ready-go results, i see where maybe 1/2 the field would be best advised to not throw good credits after bad...at a 20% house rake, its just a matter of time before these willing souls realize the futility of a negative ROE....if i were WGT, i would watch the ready-go game frequency very closely...when the ready-go tourneys start filling at slower and slower rates, you can point to the 20% rake as the primary culprit....remember, 100 games in a 24 hour period at a 10% rake is better than 40 games in the same period at a 20% rake.

gl to all...Mo

RSS