Forums

Help › Forums

Re: whats the deal with the reputation option

Tue, Jan 5 2010 4:25 AM (3 replies)
  • swb630
    13 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 1:15 PM

What is it ,and how come when u scroll through it it just says any.And how can u look at sombody's reputation?With all the things that could have been improved they came up with this?It is a good concept seeing how 90%of the people you try and play quit after 1 bad shot "mostly masters" lol just  kiddin.But can any one explain to me what the option is there for if there is no way to use it.

Thank you

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 1:20 PM

Yeah, it's a good concept.  Unfortunately, it wasn't implemented properly and there were some big bugs in the tracking so they've pulled it until they can work those out.  Look for it's return sooner than later most likely.

• privateparts
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:10 PM

Yeah I was looking for that the other day.  This guy stiffed me on the tee of the 18th.  Just up and left the game with me up a stroke.  I don't know really what to make of it.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 4:25 AM

privateparts:

Yeah I was looking for that the other day.  This guy stiffed me on the tee of the 18th.  Just up and left the game with me up a stroke.  I don't know really what to make of it.

There reason that players do that is to preserve their average.

If you don't finish the round it does not count towards your average or stats.

I personally have no problem if the player does not hole out their last putt.

The problem is when players quit after one or two bad shots.My reasons are this.

1. It is rude. If you set up a multi player game chances are you want to play multi player, not be left on the third hole alone.

2. The players that do this increase their learning curve exponentially, If you never learn to recover from bad shots, you will never get any better. Some of the most rewarding games I have had are ones that started out badly and then saved the round.

3. The players that do this advance through the tiers too fast. This means that they quit even more because the game gets harder and their skills are not up to the task.

Happy hitting 

RSS