Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Feb Match Play Sign Ups!

Mon, Mar 2 2009 11:18 AM (79 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Feb 18 2009 11:09 AM

My apologies viz, especially with this being your first tournament.  Not the best experience for sure.

At this point, I'm pretty much ready to say DQ unless Seve thinks he can talk some sense into him.  He either doesn't understand the rules or doesn't care and either is more than enough grounds for a DQ.  I think we've been accommodating enough.

What do you think, Seve?

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Feb 18 2009 11:22 AM

Considering I've already spoken to him twice during this tournament and received no answer on either occasion , I would say go ahead with the DQ.

Also, ncviz was in front anyway, so it's not too much of a change.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2009 8:32 AM

The decision is officially a DQ from the whole tournament.  The reasons are obvious.

The unfortunate part is that now there will not be a 3rd place match in the Championship Flight.  Thanks to the DQ, gitthe automatically wins the 3rd place match.  Yay. :-/

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2009 7:37 PM

I caught up with Juan...

I know you disqualified him. But I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of quitting without losing in his mind. We played it out. You can put down 4 and 2 ncviz beats loserboy. That's not even counting #9 from the other night. I won't even go into what he did the last few holes. He shouldn't be in anymore of these tourneys though, he's a very bad sport.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Feb 20 2009 12:06 PM

that guy wanted to quit on me in the first match play tourney after 3 holes. i told him to play on and he did till the 5th hole when he then disconnected. Yours was not first snafu with him. Hope its the last. Nice finish...

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2009 8:18 PM

OP updated with final round info including one completed match already!  Final round matches can get underway ASAP.

I'm granting an extension for the semifinal round until Monday night.  For some reason a decent amount of players who normally complete matches weren't able to.  It doesn't hurt us too bad if the final week ends a day or two into March.

Beware, I have learned how to use color. :D

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2009 11:14 AM

Well, that's another month gone by. Congratulations to ncviz, wags, dacsyr, sas17, marioh and whoever wins the Open Flight.

Thanks to everyone for playing and special thanks to salamii, dazza, wags and bluescouse for giving me such interesting games.

Hope to see you all in April.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2009 8:40 AM

Ok now that's over...

Special thanks to Nivlac and Seve. You guys really work hard at making these tourneys great. My matches with Abak, geebo, and iconian were all great. All of those guys/gals are very good players, so if you have a chance definitely try to get a game with them. Iconian especially is probably the best this site has to offer, when you combine his willingness to help you and his skill for the game. Think I was just lucky to get him on an off day. These are all great events and I would recommend them to anyone. Til next time everyone be good.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2009 9:35 AM

Congrats to all the bracket winners and thank you to all who participated (and played) in the tournament.

And of course, thanks to Nivlac and everyone else who helped to organize and make this a successful tournament.

I'm looking forward to qualifying, and playing in the April match play tournament!

Cheers,

Mario

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2009 11:18 AM

OP Updated.

Things are finally winding down for February's tournament.  All Champioship matches have been completed (gratz Werty!) and there's only two 3rd place matches that are still to be played.  Scheduling issues got the best of both of those matches, not to mention one player has kind've went suprisingly AWOL so hopefully everything is ok for her.

Congratulations to all of the winners and once again I want to thank everyone for signing up and playing in this tournament!  A blemish here and there, but overall hugely successful I believe. 

Thank you all!

RSS