Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Alternative shot play

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 11 2023 3:32 AM (20 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 2:56 PM

I have played a few more today , and as a tour legend , it seems tour pros , masters etc don’t like playing higher levels and pull out before the match can start. But setting it to legends and above I managed to get some matches reasonably quickly. It’s fun I like it .

• BushcraftOnFire
    3,325 Posts
    Thu, Jun 1 2023 4:51 PM

So will there be a fix so practice rounds can be played with the lower ranked members in my club? Everytime I play they are on 13 greens as mentioned before

Thx

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jun 2 2023 9:46 AM

There has been no indication it will change , it’s not a bug it’s just the way the game is .

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Jun 2 2023 12:33 PM

pdb1:

BushcraftOnFire:

So will there be a fix so practice rounds can be played with the lower ranked members in my club? Everytime I play they are on 13 greens as mentioned before

Thx

I am certain that one used to be able to change that in practice rounds .

I played bracketed tournaments in practice mode for that reason .

To create parity .

He's talking about alt shot and that was never played in any other mode than scored, meaning the conditions were set to the highest tiered played and not a subject to change.

Normal multiplayer stroke play however can be played in practice mode and the game creator can set conditions at will. 

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2023 8:16 AM

While the green speed may be a bit quick for some, consider it practice for when you reach that tier. In the meantime, lower tier players get to tee off a bit closer, and if they have the equipment…possibly ace every hole!

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2023 8:49 AM

sheepsass:

While the green speed may be a bit quick for some, consider it practice for when you reach that tier. In the meantime, lower tier players get to tee off a bit closer, and if they have the equipment…possibly ace every hole!

While most of this is true, there's a severe handicap for lower tiers being paired with higher ones. When their L+ partner tees off, they get to take the 2nd shot, that can be, depending on the course, much further from the hole than normal. Although, as you wrote, this can be good practice as well... 

• Spangled04
    27 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2023 12:57 PM

I've seen several people concede the hole.  How is the done. I did a search and could find the answer thanks. 

RSS