Help › Forums

Re: Interpreting Showdown Scores

Sun, May 28 2023 1:04 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2023 1:52 PM

DodgyPutter:
    I suppose the chances are there is a smaller league at each level in every round, has anyone here ever been in one?  If not it suggests a lot of divisions.

Yes. I was in a the final round of a Veteran one with 14 players last year. That was a nice easy win!

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2023 10:29 PM

fmagnets:

DodgyPutter:
    I suppose the chances are there is a smaller league at each level in every round, has anyone here ever been in one?  If not it suggests a lot of divisions.

Yes. I was in a the final round of a Veteran one with 14 players last year. That was a nice easy win!

😂

I guess you joined last minute?

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 12:23 PM

fmagnets:

Lol, they could have spread the help around a bit.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 12:02 PM

pmm711:

I guess you joined last minute?

In the 2nd round of the current Rush Showdown, I am in a group of only 57. As I joined the first round within 6 hours of it opening, this suggests that it is random which players end up in the (likely) one unfilled group, unrelated to the time of joining the first round. 

It will be interesting to see if I am in a full group or not tomorrow. I would expect that to be random too, which would make it more likely I will be in a full one.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 1:04 PM

fmagnets:
    It will be interesting to see if I am in a full group or not tomorrow. I would expect that to be random too, which would make it more likely I will be in a full one.

My guess would be that you're right.  The only time it's at all likely we could manipulate our way into a smaller group would be the first round where it would seem reasonable it's the last to enter that go into it.  There would still be no real advantage to it though. 

Players who finish in the top 50% of their leaderboard will advance to the next round. Once a player has qualified for the next round, they do not need to play in any remaining days of the Qualifying Round.

So if you were in the small final group it would be with 28 others this time?  This seems to mean there will (almost, about 199/200) always be a group of 50 or less in the final round.

• PAGES
RSS