Help › Forums

Re: Unsure how to advance with clubs

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 15 2023 8:41 PM (7 replies)
  • Thill4sc
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2023 6:47 AM

Hey guys

So I'm only level 39,  I have not purchased anything yet.  I do sit around  4,200 in credits from videos/games.   But when should I start spending them and on what first.  There is a Titleist tsr2 driver that goes 269 (about 35 more yards) than what I have now.   But then I was thinking about a nice set of irons.   I just don't how how to proceed where I'm not having to buy more clubs within a week.   Thanks for any help 

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2023 12:28 PM

Not sure how you feel about spending any real money, but if I was just starting out I would buy a few of the bundles from Stream platform.  You can get:

Fairway Bundle ($19.99):

Titleist T100 Iron Set (L0+) - 3,775 credit value, pretty good distance range of 110yd PW to 205yd 3i and decent meter speed @ 3.8 which will allow you to play cheaper balls for longer (since meter speed it the most expensive ball attribute).

6x Titleist Pro V1x Ultra Slow Meter Vapor Balls (L0+) - 1,275 credits/sleeve = 2550 credit value.  (Only downside is if you get hooked on the super slow 6 meter speed you will end up paying 1,275/sleeve from then on). ;-)

5x Platinum Apparel Packs 

100,000 Coins

2,000 WGT Credits - $20 worth of real money that can be used on balls, etc... and covers the cost of the entire bundle.

Birdie Bundle ($4.99):

TaylorMade Milled Grind 60° Wedge (L39+) - 695 credit value (slightly faster meter speed than the above mentioned iron set, but still not bad at 3, and vastly superior to the starter wedges

TaylorMade Milled Grind 52° Wedge (L38+)- 695 credit value (same attributes as 60* above).  The downside to this is you probably won't use it much with a 110yd PW if you buy the above mentioned iron set.

20,000 Coins

750 WGT Credits - I would personally use this to buy the TaylorMade Milled Grind 64° Wedge (L39+) @ another 695 credits.

I would also look at the TaylorMade Milled Grind 56° Wedge (L38+) @ 695 credits.  this would give you a decent gapping of 110yd PW, 93yd SW, 77yd LW(1), and 50yd LW(2).

So for $24.98 out of pocket (real money) you will get a decent set of irons/wedges that can probably last you up through the Master or possibly Tour Master tiers, along with six super expensive ultra slow meter balls, 120,000 coins, 5 Platinum Apparel packs, and still have 1,360 credits left over (2,750 - 1390 for the 2 extra wedges =1,360).  Added to the 4,200 you already have that is 5,560 to go towards a better driver, and the Titleist one you mentioned would match your iron meter speed, which is not a bad thing. 

Personally after I got a decent driver I never used a 3wd much up until Legend tier because the one I have is only +/- 25yds longer than my 3i with some top spin.  And I only found myself really needing it on a few particular shots on a few particular courses, so I usually dropped it and carried a 4th wedge, but that's just me.

The only downside to this is I don't believe you can sell back any of the clubs you get from theses bundles since you already got such a deep discount, so you are kind of stuck with them for life (you can still upgrade stuff later down the line but won't be able to recoup any of the "resale value" of these). 

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2023 1:05 PM

Also not sure why when I search your username it lists you Level 1 with 0 ranked rounds or scoring history?  Are you sure you have the right account selected?

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2023 2:02 PM

Could be one of those pesky bots BB.

• GreenLaser
    176 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2023 1:31 AM

At Level 39, you should still be progressing through levels relatively quickly.  You reach some pretty good clubs when get to the 50's levels.  You may feel like you wish you had waited if you buy many clubs sooner than that.  

L55 277 yard driver will be appreciated when you are moved to the Master tees. L59 Ping irons are high trajectory, and many players wait until those to buy irons (that's what I did.)  There are also MAX Spin wedges available fairly cheap when you reach the L50's if you don't mind a fairly quick meter. A lot of people like those.  For 3-Woods, there's the L51 Paradym if a slow meter is important to you and there's the inexpensive L58 Ping if you're trying to economize.  Those are 235 yard 3-Woods.  I played mainly coin rooms when I was at that level and used a 235 yard 3-Wood boosted by the MAX shirt as my driver for a long time.  When I did buy a driver I had that good 3-Wood to keep using as it was intended to be used.  If you want to buy something now, the L33 Paradym 3-Wood (235 yards) is something to consider if credits aren't that big of a deal and very slow meter isn't that big of a deal to you. There is also the L55 SeeMore putter if you putt by missing the ding to account for break, and there's the L59 Odyssey putter if you putt by moving the aim marker to account for break & try to hit the ding, but I'd rate putters a lower priority than the other clubs.

I agree with BlackBogey that those wedges are a good buy if you're wanting to purchase something now.  If you're going to keep playing the Starter irons a while(if that's what you're playing), I'd say get the 64° and the 60° wedges.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2023 10:38 AM

All great advice, guys, but Thill4sc is a Level 1 Hack who has never played a single game of WGT.  I'm with ScottHope on this one.  Most likely a bot.

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2023 4:55 PM

Strange that a bot would post what seems like a serious question about a subject that comes up a lot around here?  I could see if they were trying to promote or "sell" something, but in this case it seemed they were genuinely asking for advice to advance their game.

Oh well, bot, or multi-accounter, I guess we'll likely never hear back from Thill4sc

RSS