Forums

Help › Forums

Re: NEW MATH?!

Fri, Jun 16 2023 10:02 AM (34 replies)
  • rjteeithi
    673 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2023 10:39 AM

My regular ball is flying all over the place, wtf did your nerds do now?

• Squatch031
    161 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2023 4:11 PM

I too have noticed that it is more frequent lately.  I have hit perfect drives, to include playing the wind, only to have the ball end up well into the rough or brush.  My driving accuracy is around 90% and I do occasionally miss my mark but realize my mistake.  I have no idea why other errant drives are occurring.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2023 4:21 PM

rjteeithi:

Could it simply be you still haven't learned how to play after all these years? 

• tramilleo
    1,865 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2023 4:42 PM

I agree with the OP they have tweeked something cause my ball is doing the same especially on the mystery breaking greens

• Squatch031
    161 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2023 4:52 PM

I just posted a comment on similar issues I have been having.  Coincidentally, I then went to play a bracket round on Merion.  While playing the 8th hole, I hit a beautiful approach shot to within a foot of the pin.  I lined up the putt on a 15 foot meter and hit is just under two feet for what was an easy tap in.  To my surprise, the ball shot all the way across the green and deep into the 2nd cut of rough, approximately 20 yards!!! Thanks WGT!!!  Or should I call them WTF?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2023 6:33 PM

rjteeithi:

My regular ball is flying all over the place

Did that happen right before or during clashes? If so, you aren't the only one who went through such an experience.

Check THIS out.

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2023 3:47 PM

rjteeithi:

I had to quit a tournament the other day because my putts were going 1.5-2X the distance they should.  Is this game programming really this bad?  I did send a message to WGT detailing the situation.  They thanked me for letting them know about it.

• emersombiguns0
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2023 3:01 PM

Lol I was wondering the same 

• WilliamWrenn
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2023 5:50 AM

I thought only I was facing it.

• BlackBogey
    250 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2023 9:50 AM

Squatch031:

I just posted a comment on similar issues I have been having.  Coincidentally, I then went to play a bracket round on Merion.  While playing the 8th hole, I hit a beautiful approach shot to within a foot of the pin.  I lined up the putt on a 15 foot meter and hit is just under two feet for what was an easy tap in.  To my surprise, the ball shot all the way across the green and deep into the 2nd cut of rough, approximately 20 yards!!! Thanks WGT!!!  Or should I call them WTF?

Same thing just happened to me 2 holes in a row last night Squatch and added at least 4 strokes to my round playing the Week 24 Champion @ Chambers Bay.  I hit just under the calculated pace only to see the ball go rocketing across the green.  First time I thought maybe I hit the scroll wheel and inadvertently upped the meter by mistake so didn't think much of it.  Next putt was from fringe and uphill, I hit it calculated distance, (and didn't even add any extra for the fringe), double checked my meter, and it went 28 feet past the hole.  I'm a horrible putter, but not 28 feet past the hole horrible.  Next putt was back to normal speed. 

The next hole the same scenario unfolded.  Approach was within a few feet for birdie.  I used the 15 meter, hit about 25% on the meter, and the thing tore the back of the cup out and raced another 20-some feet by.  Then after that it was back to "normal" for the rest of the round.  Very frustrating to say the least.

And this was a Monday evening, so shouldn't have been Clash related.

RSS