Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Find wgt player

Sun, Oct 15 2023 10:49 AM (8 replies)
  • BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2023 6:53 PM

I recently played a coin room game. After the game i went to look up this pplayers profile page,and apparently this player does not exist. I tried all permutations of the players name and nothing. How is this possoble? Btw,i know that i put in the exact user name,whats up?

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2023 10:43 AM

Have you tried going to friends then find friends , as there are suggestions of friends based on players you have recently played , is he/she there ? 
    sometimes a o is used instead of a 0 , or vice versa , or an l instead of an 1 . Some people make it difficult to find them ! Lol 

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2023 11:26 AM

I do believe that you can do a 'fuzzy' search with Google. Just type what you are looking for into Google's search box followed by a tilde '~' character. To limit the search to this site for example, follow that with site:wgt.com.

So if you want to search for cheese or similar words, type this in to Google...

cheese~ site:wgt.com

...good luck.

Sorry, I don't think that works.

⇩ EDIT : Cheers BOZ. ; ) ⇩

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2023 12:09 PM

Ty,Scott. As always youre theman. I'll give it a try.

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2023 12:21 PM

Updating,tried your sugestion Scott,still no match found. So i think i should clarify. First i tried all the different permutations of the players name. Second,i tried a fuzzy search also. My question isn't how to find this player,but how is it that i played someone who apparently doesn't exist,in the wgt rolls?

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2023 1:38 PM

Ok, final update. Finally found player thx to Bossbirds suggestion about the search friends feature(which i didn't know existed). I had to go in and out of the feature many times until the player name came up. The hang up was a very slight spelling error. Thx to Boss and Scott for helping. My mind is at peace now lol.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 10:13 AM

@Fist2k8

I don't play the coin rooms but did a quick search and found this post by WGTChampion:

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/531116/3605103.aspx#3605103

"If you select the information (i) icon on a coin room before entering it will show you which tees you'll be using before entering. This will either say Tier or Hard. 

Tier tees means that you're going to play from the tees assigned to your tier, and Hard means that each player will play from the same tee."

When I looked at the information for Casablanca coin room, it indicates "Hard." That would explain why you were both playing from the same tees. 

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2023 10:49 AM

Casablanca is also home to the Veteran Showdown. Believe me when I say I hate playing there, but we are sometimes forced to rob newbies of coinage that I don't want or need. It really isn't fair, but WGT forces our hands. Until they change the format be aware if Showdown tourneys are in progress. 

RSS