Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clashes

Sun, Apr 2 2023 7:05 AM (3 replies)
  • pawdy72
    305 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2023 8:08 PM

Someone tell me why WGT needs to change all the algorithms during clashes ?? Why on a normal game I can shoot 26 and when I use the same formula as I use always in my head on clashes its either 20yrds short or long depend on shot type ?? Why cheat players??  Are you that stuck for cash you have to try make milk regular players of cash by causing lost balls etc??? Then again I'm not surprised with the world we live in today full of greed and self provocation 

• Imahacker58
    365 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 5:46 AM

Just delete your account son, that’ll learn ‘em,lol.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 9:28 AM

I find this very interesting because I experienced something similar a couple of days ago on the verge of clash start although it wasn't exactly the same as the OP's.

I lost three balls in one single round, four in total playing two rounds during the day.

Now, I'm not saying I'm a perfect player who never misses anything. I do lose balls every once in a while in the results of some dumba$$ mistakes such as wrong club selection, miscalculation, horrible mis-dings, etc, but this time it was different.

For every single tiny, slight mis-ding, I had to pay dearly! Even for dinged shots, the ball just refused to stick to the pin. Once again, I don't mean to brag or anything but I believe shooting a 67 (on Wolf Creek!) shows how insanely it was acting up in that particular day. 

In brief, we know there's an algorithm built into the game (well, better say... we definitely feel its presence at all times, either favourable or unfavourable although WGT denies activating it), but I reckon maybe it's set to kick in hard and become extremely severe right before or during the clashes at times.

or maybe it's just crazy me and had a reeeaaally bad day.

Either way, please take it as a simple observation from an old timer because you will never see me ranting about a very satisfactory super-low scoring round* since in that case, it's ALL ME SUPER TALENTED! LOL 😁 

(* I just hope WGT would allow me some more often in major tourneys. 😉)

↓↓ EDIT : Thanks for your input, Yiannis. I've seen some bada$$ VEMs here and there over the years but not as severe as the one this time around! It was BRUTAL! ↓↓

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2023 7:05 AM

Doesn't surprise me at all. I have never played clashes and i will never do, but....

Even from the flash era (yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears back), everytime the clashes were about to begin (next day), our game play was going to...hell!!! I have noticed that a million times playing with many many players during these years, which all of them agreed to that.

For some unknown reason, the previous day, the game just goes mad!! During clashes not so much. As soon as the clashes are over, we return to normal state of things, shots, distances, putting etc.

I haven't got the slightest clue why this is happening but it does. It only takes me 3-4 holes to be sure that the next day clashes are on.

RSS