Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CC Tourney Start Time

Wed, Apr 5 2023 5:36 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • looselugnutz
    1,372 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 10:35 AM

Maybe I've missed something, (I very well may have, so my apologies if so,) but I just posted a tourney for our CC membership and noticed that it doesn't start as soon as I've submitted it. It has a start time in "20 hours." As there is no 'start time' option when creating a tourney, is this to be an ongoing thing, or is this just a minor glitch that has made it's way onto the desktop format?

Edit:  It doesn't appear that this "feature" affects the ability to actually play in the tourney. In the game format, I'm able to enter and play in a tourney that hasn't "started" yet. As it was something new, and showing conflicting information as to how the game appeared before, I wrongly assumed it affected play. If this is a new feature coming, it can be helpful. But for now, it is just a tad confusing when first noticed.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 11:12 AM

It is a new feature that maybe still has some glitches???

You can now choose to start a created tourney immediately or wait and have it start at 12 midnight (I’m guessing PST time zone)

I guess this would simplify tournaments in CC’s as they could all be set to start/end at same time of day and cause less confusion as to when each one ends?

Check out Nico’s release notes https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/722362.aspx

• looselugnutz
    1,372 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 11:25 AM

Thanks, Marchie. As my playing time is limited to the wee hours of my mornings, I don't get the opportunity to peruse the forums as much as I'd like. I appreciate your patience and input.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2023 10:31 AM

MarchieB:
    You can now choose to start a created tourney immediately or wait and have it start at 12 midnight (I’m guessing PST time zone)
    I've read the release notes, but the "delay" feature was not present when I created a tournament just now.

AFAIK, CC tournaments start immediately after creation and their timer display is in each user's local time zone.

• nopro17
    16,107 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2023 6:37 AM

This morning, I created my tournaments as usual at 09:10 EDT from the website.

They all showed "Start: in 3 hours" immediately after creation.

I then looked at the Open Tournaments page.

All of the tournaments had ENTER NOW and LEADERBOARD buttons.  The start time was 02:10.  It has always been like this.  The time then changes to 09:10 shortly after that but people can enter the tournament immediately from the website.

I looked at the Open Tournaments page again a few minutes later.

All of them say "Start: in 3 hours" and have a start time of 09:10.  You can't enter the tournament or look at the leaderboard from the Open Tournaments page.

On the other hand, one is able to enter the tournament or look at the leaderboard from within the game itself (both the mobile and computer versions).

Update (11:26 EDT):  Our Open Tournaments page is now showing "Start: in an hour".

• Wouwsie
    31 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 4:09 PM

I just created a tournament (my time sunday 4th april at 1 AM for 7 days.

End time shows next saturday evening 6 PM. And I can't start it on the webiste for 2 hours. I can play it in the game application, but always like to register. But the showing of wrong times is a bit frustrating.

• Wouwsie
    31 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2023 4:13 PM

Wouwsie:

I just created a tournament (my time sunday 4th april at 1 AM for 7 days.

End time shows next saturday evening 6 PM. And I can't start it on the webiste for 2 hours. I can play it in the game application, but always like to register. But the showing of wrong times is a bit frustrating.

Okay, so I just refreshed my page. It's showing the right end date now, but now it starts in 9 hours the webpage says.

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2023 4:10 PM

This is messed up.

I created a tournament on the website (lots easier if you ask me....), but I never saw anywhere anything about start time or apparel.  My tourney got like a 3 hour delay before it will start.  I see in the tournament details- Apparel Bonus OFF.. but again, never saw anywhere to toggle this off or on.

Tried to create a simple tourney via the app. Again, nowhere did I see either "when to start" or "apparel off/on". Also, we are a small club and just throw trinkets around for prizes. I wanted to have a 100 credit purse for the winner, but now the minimum is 500? Huh? Yikes.

Love how we get shoveled all the "improvements" and then they are non existent, or do not work... and then other things get changed that aren't mentioned,, that ARE NOT GOOD THINGS.

As always, disappointed again....

Ark

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2023 8:15 PM

arkage57:
    Also, we are a small club and just throw trinkets around for prizes. I wanted to have a 100 credit purse for the winner, but now the minimum is 500? Huh? Yikes.

Yikes is right! 

Hopefully this is just a mistake and not something that WGT intended to do 🙄

Edit 4/3/2023:  I just got the new WGT game update on Steam.  Looks like we can now add 100 credits to the purse.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2023 8:33 PM

The WGT.com site still says minimum of 100 (though I have not tried it to see if it’s accurate).

Min of 100; Max of 1,000,000
  • PAGES
RSS