Re: Locked Out of Account! Too good?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 15 2023 1:48 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 2:18 PM

SamSpayed:
    I believe WGTNico said in Discord that 2nd accounts (eg. restarts) are allowed, but only if you permanently close or delete your 1st account first.  In other words, you can only have one active account at a time.

That is correct.

SamSpayed:
    I have also heard that if you go this route, you will not be able to earn any credits or prizes in tournaments with your restart account until your restart account reaches the tier you were at previously with your 1st account.

I've not heard that, it's something we used to assume but I've seen many restarts in the Showdown for example. I suppose that doesn't mean it's allowed but I've not seen anything saying it's not.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 2:54 PM

DodgyPutter:

SamSpayed:
    I have also heard that if you go this route, you will not be able to earn any credits or prizes in tournaments with your restart account until your restart account reaches the tier you were at previously with your 1st account.

I've not heard that, it's something we used to assume but I've seen many restarts in the Showdown for example. I suppose that doesn't mean it's allowed but I've not seen anything saying it's not.

Sorry.  I meant tier-specific tournaments.  For example, if you were a Champion and closed that account and restarted, you would not be able to earn credits in tournaments like the tier-specific Ready-Gos or the weekly or monthly tournaments that WGT sponsors (where they pay the top 70 in each tier) until your new restart account reached the Champion tier.  

The Showdowns, as you know, are not tier-specific.  Everyone, regardless of tier, can choose to play in either Rookie, Veteran, or Expert.  So, if WGT enforces their rules about not having more than one active account (and that's a big if), you wouldn't gain any Showdown advantage by restarting.  You might as well stick with your current account, where you'd presumably have better clubs and balls that would allow you to score lower.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 4:22 PM

SamSpayed:
    The Showdowns, as you know, are not tier-specific.  Everyone, regardless of tier, can choose to play in either Rookie, Veteran, or Expert.  So, if WGT enforces their rules about not having more than one active account (and that's a big if), you wouldn't gain any Showdown advantage by restarting.  You might as well stick with your current account, where you'd presumably have better clubs and balls that would allow you to score lower.

There are advantages in the Rookie Showdown; shorter tees, longer gimees and possibly others that I wouldn't know (putt preview? for example, some even say the hole is bigger!).  As fairly high quality clubs are made available at lower and lower levels and it gets easier and easier to level up these can be big advantages.  There are people playing tiered credit tourneys that are clearly restarts or multis too, no I wont send them to wgt as I don't know they've done anything against the rules. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 4:34 PM

SamSpayed:

DodgyPutter:

SamSpayed:

Sorry.  I meant tier-specific tournaments.  For example, if you were a Champion and closed that account and restarted, you would not be able to earn credits in tournaments like the tier-specific Ready-Gos or the weekly or monthly tournaments that WGT sponsors (where they pay the top 70 in each tier) until your new restart account reached the Champion tier.  

Restarts are actually forbidden to play in ANY credit involved rounds, until they reach their original tier. Meaning one can't play in any showdown, not even in a CC tourney with a purse... However, honouring those rules is up to the individual and I don't think most of them are even aware of this rule. And most of the ones who are, probably don't care, cause it's nearly unenforceable... But I know of some who actually went "by the book"... 

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 5:49 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    Restarts are actually forbidden to play in ANY credit involved rounds, until they reach their original tier. Meaning one can't play in any showdown, not even in a CC tourney with a purse... However, honouring those rules is up to the individual and I don't think most of them are even aware of this rule. And most of the ones who are, probably don't care, cause it's nearly unenforceable... But I know of some who actually went "by the book"...

Ahh... so it's an honor system thing... not something enforced by WGT programming. Good to know.  Thanks Jure.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2023 1:48 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    P.S. : Just to avoid any confusion, Brian, the message beyond the inserted image isn't for you. And don't ask me for whom then. You'll soon be seeing a long essay coming up shortly.

LMAO Simon...I knew it wasnt directed to me

• Kittykat2017
    513 Posts
    Fri, Mar 17 2023 4:21 AM
    This post has been deleted.
  • PAGES
RSS