Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Posted distance lengths of clubs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 8 2023 4:09 AM (3 replies)
  • jtgolfer53
    6 Posts
    Fri, Mar 3 2023 3:29 PM

I bought a name brand set of clubs several months ago, used them for maybe a month and then went back to the Starter set because posted lengths were short of the actual lengths. And I know wind and elevation plays a part in those discrepancies.

After reach a level in the high 70s, I bought another name brand set and thought since I had more experience (1 year of playing almost every day) I could better deal with the distances. I really haven't an it's annoying.

Any recommendations on how not to be 30 or more feet long or short than what you THOUGHT was the correct length, based on what you see not he screen?

Thanks!

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2023 1:03 PM

jtgolfer53:

Any recommendations on how not to be 30 or more feet long or short than what you THOUGHT was the correct length, based on what you see [on the] screen?

Thanks!

Map the ball that you're using with all your clubs.  At the very least, map every club in your bag using zero spin and full backspin, hitting with 90%, 95%, and 100% power.

I see you're currently using the Titleist Pro V1x Vapor Ball (L0+).  That ball has a 4.2 spin rating.  Full backspin with that ball will almost certainly make your shot come up shorter than you expect, unless you map first.

Hope this helps.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2023 2:29 AM

SamSpayed:
    I see you're currently using the Titleist Pro V1x Vapor Ball (L0+).  That ball has a 4.2 spin rating.  Full backspin with that ball will almost certainly make your shot come up shorter than you expect, unless you map first.

I started using this same ball a long time ago and noticed that I was coming up on average 7  yrds short so I add 7 yrds to my shot when using full bs. Like Scott says map all your clubs with your ball no matter what ball you are using. Cheers

RSS