• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Mar 5 2023 5:53 AM

Thanks Scott, will give a try.

Ark

• okiechuck
    6,317 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2023 1:33 PM

If I may, I'd like to add a suggestion to this thread. A number of members in my Club never go to the Web page. Therefore they never get any messages from their profile page. So, I would like to see a notification of some sort put on the App page so they would know to check their messages. This is for PCs only as I do not know anything about the mobile games.

Cheers, Chuck

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2023 2:46 PM

I agree that communication with mobile players is one of the biggest things lacking in the game. After how long of being integrated, do we still have 2 separate classes of players, and there is no real way to communicate within the WGT system. The only means is either email, or a 3rd party app like Discord.

Unfortunately, this forum is a place where good ideas and solid communication comes to die. Other than some committed players, I don't think any one from WGT even reads these posts, and it sure is apparent they never respond.

I tried the WGT Discord thing for awhile, but there is way too much confusion, way too much of a "class system", way too many trolls...  I gave up. More aggravation than help.Tried to offer some suggestions, but seemed futile and I don't care to deal with some keyboard warrior(s) who don't have a dog in the race, but like to feel important. Time to move on.

So, I posted here, pretty much knowing nothing would ever get done, but I got it off my chest, said my peace and I'm not to be blamed for any of the bad attitudes or feelings.

I did take both Sam and Scott's advice, and one worked out well (or seems to be) and the other I just couldn't make work. So, some good anyway.

Be well

Ark

• okiechuck
    6,317 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2023 4:19 PM

That's all well and good pdb1 but the problem is that everyone goes straight to the App to play and never go to the Web page to see their profile. I was asking for some kind of notification on the App to let them know they had a message on their profile page. Or a direct link from the app to their profile page. This pertains to PC players as I do not know how the mobiles work.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2023 4:21 PM

Can't possibly agree more with okiechuck and arkage57.

The idea of relying on a 3rd-party app (software) for "in-house" communication itself is lame to begin with.

FOR YEARS, I've been suggesting the company to add a link directing here to the forums in our game app, but (as usual) it's been fallen on deaf ears time after time.

You already got the forums here. It's time to find ways to make this place fully available and utilized by both PC & mobile users even though it's already way way overdue.

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2023 4:29 PM

Hey pdb1, thanks for the reply. Please read the post above mine, as Chuck was describing the issue he was having with trying to get mobile players to use the PC side of things.

I chat a lot, and I mean, A LOT. Email, Discord, and PMs.  But I know the frustration of being in a club where you are trying to organize events, or just get members involved, and you cannot make contact, because they either don't know how, or won't connect.

I agree with Chuck- an annoying red button on my home screen gets me to click it to make it go away (adult ADD). If I click it enough times, I will either engage or I will fully disconnect= problem solved. (in either case)

Appreciate the dialogue though. Thank you.

Ark

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2023 4:30 PM

They need to have a LIKE button here. Thanks for your input!

Ark

• PAGES
RSS