Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Now Level 101

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 14 2023 6:42 AM (3 replies)
  • alpenpirat
    1,123 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2023 10:46 PM

Yesterday I reached level 101. And now have new options too.

I play tours with the TaylorMade TP5x Vapor Balls (L85+). Which is very reliable. Maybe a better option?

I haven't played the Callaway Paradym Iron Set (L100+) yet. Although I'm quite happy with my iron set.

The wedges stay the same.

Then I have the Odyssey Triple Track 2-Ball Putter (L59+) which is quite reliable. Only wgt gives me the legend fun. Missing at inches too often. Although I have had the experience that high level putters are too sensitive. It is questionable whether the purchase of the TaylorMade Spider GT Splitback Putter M2 (L101+) is worthwhile. What is your opinion on other clubs and balls.

regards Wolfgang 

• beerstine
    664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 12:00 AM

The big advantage of the top level iron sets is extra spin.  The L97 set actually is closer in spec to your current clubs, just with one more point of spin.  The L100s aren't really that different other than a slightly faster meter.  Either set should hold well with the ball you play.

If you putt well with your current putter, keep it, new putters take some getting used to but you eventually adapt.  The high level putters mainly offer more accuracy and distance control on longer putts.  Most opt for the top level Scotty Cameron over the Spider.  

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 6:36 AM

alpenpirat:
    I play tours with the TaylorMade TP5x Vapor Balls (L85+). Which is very reliable. Maybe a better option?

alpenpirat:
    I haven't played the Callaway Paradym Iron Set (L100+) yet. Although I'm quite happy with my iron set.

alpenpirat:
    What is your opinion on other clubs and balls.

Personally, I would upgrade the Irons...I used that putter for a long time, but liked the Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 6 Putter M1 (L98+) Better.

I use the titleist balls, but the TM85 is fine as is the the 81 and the 93 imo...

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 6:42 AM

First thing I upgraded was my golf umbrella. I then quickly moved on to a new ball retriever.

Alas, even after I spent the money on these upgrades, my game still sucked.

sayin'

RSS