Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club Upgrades

Sat, Feb 11 2023 4:54 AM (8 replies)
  • AidanD84
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2023 1:55 PM

I was thrilled to read the Frugal Players Upgrade Guide, but it seems as though a few of the clubs mentioned may no longer be available? Is there an update coming to that, or can someone advise on a strategy for 2023? I'm at L38, using the coin rental Mk2 set at the moment.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2023 9:02 PM

Continue what you are doing and strive for shooting par golf or slightly better until you unlock more levels otherwise you will upgrade more often while getting less use of those lower level clubs which you will replace fairly quickly.

I touched on the coin rental options in another thread along with some of my first club selections.  Doing some research and thinking thru options can save a lot of credits.  Same goes for using free or cheaper balls until you get some clubs with more control.

There are also topics on xp requirements to estimate how long it might take to unlock clubs.  The higher end clubs can take millions of experience points so upwards  of a year or longer.  So you can project what feels like the best time to make your first buys.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2023 11:55 PM

AidanD84:
    I was thrilled to read the Frugal Players Upgrade Guide, but it seems as though a few of the clubs mentioned may no longer be available?
    Frequently, clubs are replaced by newer models when the old ones go out of market/advertizing, and the characteristics may stay unchanged.

If not, name them here, and we might find some replacements(?)

• GreenLaser
    172 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2023 1:25 AM

WGT must have reconsidered that L48 275 yard, 4.5 Forgiveness driver mentioned in the guide. There's nothing similar to that available anymore (at least not at that level.)

• AidanD84
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2023 1:46 AM

This is really useful - thanks!

• oohaahh
    373 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 3:43 AM

There's lots of advice available around the Forum but my twopenny worth would be not to spend credits too quickly. You'll go through the levels quickly until you hit level 85 or so and you don't want to be replacing your clubs too often....buyers regret a possibility when you realise you're having to sell clubs after a month for a small percentage of their purchase price.

Use the time now to build a credit war chest by doing the credit adverts (and surveys if you can bear it). 150 credits a day can build quickly (if your phone's android then download the WGT app to access them)and the good clubs cost a fair amount. Don't worry about winning tournament credits yet....learn the courses and most importantly focus on getting putting right (the putter improvements are nowhere near as critical as being able to pick the right line and hit at the right strength).

When you do buy clubs I think trying to keep a consistent meter speed really helps. If your irons are 4.5 and your wedges 3.5 then consistency harder. Look at the clubs good players in your Country Club use....there's normally a reason they've gone for them.

But...join an active Country Club....yours looks like one that you get put in and appears to be essentially inactive. An active club will have good club tournaments at various levels and people who can offer longer term advice. There's always someone scouting for new members in the Forum so see if what they're offering matches what you want.

Watch some of the YouTube videos of the really good players....they really help.

The levels up to Legend are great learning levels where you can have fun and get a feel for the courses.

Most importantly enjoy it.

Good luck and keep going.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 10:42 AM

I'd say, upgrade two wedges (and 3WD?) from about L40 (28,000 XP), a sweeping effort can be made above L60 (93,000 XP), and then, take the cherries as you find them irresistible from L80 (210,000 XP) up.

• AidanD84
    4 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2023 4:54 AM

Amazing, ta. I'm looking for a new CC!

• AidanD84
    4 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2023 4:54 AM

Thank you!

RSS