Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Player matching system for stroke play games

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 25 2023 5:59 AM (4 replies)
  • DoTheVooDew
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2023 2:29 AM

Why am I as a level 77 tour pro being forced to play against legendary 100+ players in high stakes stroke play games ( i.e. 9 hole stroke play game for 100k )? I have little to no chance of winning. I wish your matching system would put me up against players my own skill level more. As it is I will have to only play smaller stakes games and progress much slower if at all.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2023 10:37 AM

Every player can play in any room they chose . You are still likely to find legend+ players in the lowest coin value rooms as in the higher . It is the way it is . Just play at the level you are happy at , play your own game , and don’t worry about your opponent. Not every legend is happy in coin rooms , but some tour pros are more than happy to go into Tokyo , it’s what makes us all individuals . 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2023 11:02 AM

DoTheVooDew:
    As it is I will have to only play smaller stakes games and progress much slower if at all.

I'm sorry but how does playing for more coins in higher stakes coin rooms equal progressing faster? The amount of coins you have has nothing to do with progress.

Progress is based on SKILL at playing the game and advancing in Tier by producing lower scores.

You need to stay in the 3 lowest stake coin rooms where you, as a tour pro get a tee advantage until your skill level is good enough to play against better players in the higher stakes coin rooms where you play of a set tee.

• tnivka
    130 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2023 5:59 AM

Respectfully, I regularly get my head handed to my by players of a much lower tier, higher average, and less expensive equipment. A few factors other than the obvious one (they're just better than me.)  1.Average and tier progression are based on ranked rounds, not coins won.. 2 Tier progression means longer tees and faster greens. Who wouldn't want to loiter at a lower level?  3 Many coin games are at 9 or slower speed. Might be easier for a Tour Pro to adjust to the pace. 4 Keep an eye out for Magic Clothes.

RSS