Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Site randomly loads in different languages

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 30 2022 5:38 AM (6 replies)
  • JohnJSuarez
    11 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2022 8:52 PM

I've been having an issue for the past couple months. Every couple weeks or so, I'll load up the forums in my browser and the righthand pane (with the green "Play" button and account options) will display in Spanish, and most recently German. 

The language issue usually resets to English after a day or so. I haven't been able to find a rhyme or reason to the how or why––behind either the language changing to Spanish (or German), or switching back to English.

Has anyone experienced something similar and have an answer?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2022 10:38 AM

Several players have been reporting this in the Forums recently. 

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2022 10:42 AM

If you want to change the language back to English, just scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find four language options, EN  ES  FR & DE. EN is the one to click on.

If the site continues to load in the wrong languge you might have to edit your shortcut that opens the site.

So, for example, if your shortcut has the address...

https://www.wgt.com/home.aspx

...try changing that to...

https://www.wgt.com/home.aspx?hl=en 

⇩ EDIT : Oh Colin! ⇩

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2022 10:58 AM

My site used to come up in several languages also...: English; Canadian; American, Australian, etc. I never was able to set it on one consistently.

sayin"

ct

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2022 12:49 PM

ct690911:
    My site used to come up in several languages also...: English; Canadian; American, Australian, etc. I never was able to set it on one consistently.

😂😂😂

• JohnJSuarez
    11 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2022 3:18 PM

Very helpful! This fixed the issue.

Still not sure why it randomly switches to Spanish or German, but now I don't have learn another language.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2022 5:38 AM

TopShelf2010:

Several players have been reporting this in the Forums recently. 

More people using VPN's, not storing cookies and not understanding how either one works.

Which Factors Should I Look Out for When Optimizing My VPN Speed?

The Location of Your Selected VPN Server

The more removed the VPN server location is from where you are, the longer it takes to route your activity through the encrypted channel. Keep in mind that connecting to a server in a foreign country may also cause some of the websites you visit to display content in a different language.

So, we recommend selecting a VPN location that is close to you and displays content in a language you understand.

RSS