Re: I cant see DING nowadays. My eyesight gets worse

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 30 2022 7:16 PM (8 replies)
  • Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2022 6:41 PM

hi WGT ,

I cant see DING nowadays. My eyesight gets worse

I suggest you have two contasting colors left side of ding to right side of ding.

It can be slightly darker blue (draw)  and lighter blude for right side ( fade)

u can keep white line middle.

Let me know when you can implement it.

Thanks much.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,141 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2022 1:27 AM

I suggest you go and see an optometrist. Trust me. I know.

• Duphpherer
    313 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2022 12:21 PM

Could try lowering your resolution. Picture won't be as pretty, but it can fatten that skinny high definition ding line.

• ScottHope
    9,121 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2022 1:22 PM

You can set Windows to display in greyscale, would that help?

To access this, press Windows key + U. In the centre pane, Click Color filters and on the next window set the Colour filters switch to On. From there you can choose from a selection of filters.

If you set the keyboard shortcut for the colour filters to On (directly underneath the colour filters selection), then you can quickly toggle the filter on and off with Windows key + CTRL + C.

• pdb1
    24,280 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2022 1:25 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

I suggest you go and see an optometrist. Trust me. I know.

Yep . That's the one .

I always knew I needed reading glasses . I had a prescription as a kid . After about my 5th broken pair my parents said nope , no more . For about the next 20 years I got by without them . I bought a couple pairs of Walgreens glasses . Lost and broke them quickly .

When I finally went to the local America's Best . I told the optometrist that I needed some reading glasses . . He said " Okay " . Had me look through that big eye tester with all the flip out lenses .

He said " How would you like to see far distances and at night as well ? I laughed and said " I already can " .

He said " Oh really " ? . He then flipped down a couple of those lenses and said " Look now " .

I did . And what I saw actually startled me . I said " No Freakin Way " ! What I saw before me was various outlines of different mountain ranges in the background . Branches and even leaves on the trees in closer locations . For the first time in my life .

I was about 45 yrs old then . I knew my eyes had been declining slowly for about 5 years I thought . I was wrong they had been declining for about 45 years . Lol .

I was in awe . I said " But how "? He said " I suggest trifocals " . He then explained to me about progressive lenses . I said " Gimme some of those " . Been wearing progressives ever since .

And I can see at night too .

Progressive lenses :

Progressive lenses have three prescriptions in one pair of glasses. That allows you to do close-up work (like reading a book), middle-distance work (like checking out a website on a computer), or distance viewing (like driving) without needing to change your glasses. They're sometimes called multifocal lenses.

Get over to the Optometrist .

• pdb1
    24,280 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2022 2:00 PM

ScottHope:

You can set Windows to display in greyscale, would that help?

To access this, press Windows key + U. In the centre pane, Click Color filters and on the next window set the Colour filters switch to On. From there you can choose from a selection of filters.

If you set the keyboard shortcut for the colour filters to On (directly underneath the colour filters selection), then you can quickly toggle the filter on and off with Windows key + CTRL + C.

That is very cool Scott . You may remember that I am also colrblind/challenged . I see some various shades of the spectrum . Colors look kind of like light pastels to me . Hence my website color explosion . When I made it . I was testing myself . With my wifes help . I got a lot wrong and she guided me . But it was very helpful to me . The more I am able to recognize colors . It seems easier to see them . Like " red " . Firetrucks and stop signs are red . One sees so many of those throughout time . Red is easier to recognize .

But at the same time . Something may be brown or green and I could mistake them for red . Or vice versa .Also blues , purples , green , greys . And yellows , oranges and reds . They can all look the same .

But something like the greyscale doesn't help me at all . For me it's better to have lost a little color than to not have any at all . Isn't that how the quote goes ? Lol .

Oh it goes like this :

• ScottHope
    9,121 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2022 12:45 AM

Sorry Paul, I don't remember you telling me that you were colour blind, but that does explain why your website is painful for me to look at.

The Windows colour filter page has six options to choose from, not just greyscale. Deuteranopia, protanopia and tritanopia, plus three others, so it might be worth you having a look at some time.

• pdb1
    24,280 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2022 2:47 AM

ScottHope:
    that does explain why your website is painful for me to look at.

Yes . Others have said the same . And others have complained very loudly .

I'm sorry about that . I can't relate .

ScottHope:
    The Windows colour filter page has six options to choose from, not just greyscale. Deuteranopia, protanopia and tritanopia, plus three others, so it might be worth you having a look at some time.

I have looked some . I reaaly don't think my color issues effect any game play here . However there are other games that have a colorblind mode . Which I have to use . It reduces the number of different types of orange or blue or yellow shades of peices , icons , or balls . If I cant do that . I can't play it .

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2022 7:16 PM

THEY MUST IMPLEMENT diff shade colors for ding area. Its a must . I dont know why they did not think of it.

I only happen to see i keep missing ding because my brain slow to act.

RSS