Help › Forums

Re: Tapjoy

Mon, Oct 30 2023 9:32 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fredbond007
    3 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2022 10:54 AM

Not sure where to post this .

Tried now for the last month to download games for credits , it was working previously , but now every time i try a game it goes to Tapjoy then jumps to google play for me to download it .

Can anybody advise me please 

• Ladychipper
    22,684 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2022 9:07 AM

See if you can find your advertising ID and then send a message to customerservice@is.com. They are very nice and can help you. 

- On Android: Open the Google Settings app and click on “Ads.” Your Android Advertising Identifier will be listed at the bottom of the screen.

- On iOS: iOS devices do not have a built in way to find your advertising ID (or IDFA). You can download a third party app such as "My Device ID" by AppsFlyer, "AdjustInsights" by Adjust, or "My TUNE Device" by TUNE to find your ID.

You do have to download the game in Google Play. 

• BlackBogey
    271 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 9:09 AM

Bumping this back up as I'm having same issue as OP.  I have downloaded 2 games, completed necessary levels, and no rewards.  Both times when I used the support ticket link from the WGT Rewards page I got a response email stating something along the lines of "the advertiser says I didn't download through the TapJoy app", which I did.  I click the link through the WGT Free Credits page, it opens Google Play from which I download, then do the required activity.

I'm doing this through the mobile app on a Chromebook running Android.  I can't seem to find anything that says "Ads" under the Settings so I can find my "advertising ID", and I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with it even if I was able to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Would be nice to get this resolved, missing out on lots of credits during this Double Credit weekend.  I'd even consider buying a few items that I could use anyway (Dollar Shave Club, magazine subscription, etc...) but don't want to outlay real cash if they are going to deny rewards - it's bad enough I'm spending all this time playing these game/watching the ads they include with nothing to show for it.  At least to this point it's only been time wasted and not real $$$.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2023 4:36 PM

BlackBogey:

Bumping this back up as I'm having same issue as OP.  I have downloaded 2 games, completed necessary levels, and no rewards.  Both times when I used the support ticket link from the WGT Rewards page I got a response email stating something along the lines of "the advertiser says I didn't download through the TapJoy app", which I did.  I click the link through the WGT Free Credits page, it opens Google Play from which I download, then do the required activity.

I'm doing this through the mobile app on a Chromebook running Android.  I can't seem to find anything that says "Ads" under the Settings so I can find my "advertising ID", and I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with it even if I was able to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Would be nice to get this resolved, missing out on lots of credits during this Double Credit weekend.  I'd even consider buying a few items that I could use anyway (Dollar Shave Club, magazine subscription, etc...) but don't want to outlay real cash if they are going to deny rewards - it's bad enough I'm spending all this time playing these game/watching the ads they include with nothing to show for it.  At least to this point it's only been time wasted and not real $$.

Firstly, the advertising ID has nothing to do with the Tapjoy offers, that is just for the 'videos for credits' offers.

Next, without seeing exactly how you downloaded the apps we can't say for sure that you did them correctly.  I have done many offers and downloaded many games, and I do get the rewards (mostly!).  Having said that, I have not got all the rewards for the offers I have done.  Only once have I actually managed to send in a ticket, after not receiving the last 2 rewards for playing War Machines (totalling nearly 6000cr), and Tapjoy replied back saying that I was using a VPN.  I don't use, nor have I ever used, a VPN, but they insisted that I did and wouldn't pay the credits. But they've paid others since then, so I think it was just an excuse.

I don't know what you mean by "I'm doing this through the mobile app on a Chromebook running Android".  Tapjoy offers can only be done through the mobile app, and I do this by running an android emulator (sometimes Bluestacks, sometimes LDPlayer).

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2023 9:53 AM

BlackBogey:

To reset your advertising ID, go to Settings | Google | Ads on your device and then look for something like "Reset advertising ID" or "Get new advertising ID".

• BlackBogey
    271 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2023 10:49 AM

@ MioKontic - I was going off of original post where poster wasn't getting credits for downloading/playing games, and Ladychipper suggested the Ad ID as a fix. 

As to how I downloaded the games, I opened WGT Mobile app, went to Free Credits, Offers, selected the game I wanted to play, then clicked on the "Get Credits" in the popup that came up, and was then redirected to the Google Play store to complete the download/install.  Once necessary in-game level was reached I waited about a week and never received reward so contacted TapJoy through the in app "Request Support" link.  A few days later they replied back that the advertiser determined I hadn't installed the app through TapJoy, which I had originally initiated through before being redirected to Play Store.  This has happened with the last 2 games I've tried and got same reply from TapJoy on both. 

@SamSpayed - Once I find the Ad ID, should I:

A - Reset and then try an offer to see if it works, or

B- Reset and then send an email to the address Ladychipper suggested, or

C- Don't reset anything, just copy the ID # and contact the email address?

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2023 3:00 PM

BlackBogey:
    As to how I downloaded the games, I opened WGT Mobile app, went to Free Credits, Offers, selected the game I wanted to play, then clicked on the "Get Credits" in the popup that came up, and was then redirected to the Google Play store to complete the download/install.  Once necessary in-game level was reached I waited about a week and never received reward so contacted TapJoy through the in app "Request Support" link.  A few days later they replied back that the advertiser determined I hadn't installed the app through TapJoy, which I had originally initiated through before being redirected to Play Store.  This has happened with the last 2 games I've tried and got same reply from TapJoy on both. 

As I said in my post, I believe Tapjoy make up things as they go along, for no other reason but to not pay rewards.  Like I said, they said their software had detected that I was using a VPN, which I never have, and that was their excuse for not paying 2 rewards for War Machines.  And if I'm using a VPN, how come they're still paying me rewards for other offers?!?.

I would suggest to just keep trying and hopefully they will eventually pay up.  If they don't pay then you can think about whether to continue doing them or not.

• BlackBogey
    271 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2023 5:14 PM

Update 03/07/23

I reset Ad ID and was able to get credits for completing TapJoy game offers.  However, now after latest WGT update that added RevU, I can't even open the TapJoy offer wall.  I click on it and it does absolutely nothing.  Also, I was always able to get my free videos, and now that is somewhat messed up, I get the "No videos available" popup after every 2-3.  I am able to keep clicking on through and eventually get more, but very frustrating and time consuming.  I tried uninstalling and then re-installing the WGT app but no luck.

Anyone else having issues opening TapJoy offer wall or seeing video issues after latest update?

• Sharrison1956
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2023 9:10 AM

I made a purchase clicking on TapJoy during a "Double Credits" promotion. Made a purchase to the tune of two separate orders totaling about $76 dollars. I was told that some credits are issued instantly and some may take up to 8 days. Well, I'm on day 20 and the TapJoy people are making jump through hoops to get my credits. 

Now they want a screen shot of the receipt from the company I ordered from. I sent them a screen shot of the shipping confirmation. I have already received the product and paid for it in advance. 

I'm starting to think these TapJoy offers are and absolute scam. Out of four times to fall for these offers, I've been awarded credits one time which was maybe 100 a few years back, 2 were minimal so I just blew those off. But this one was 7200 credits for ordering socks from Double Sol company. I love the socks by the way, but the point is still no credits. 

Now I'm in touch with the Double Sol sock company to try and get the starting receipt from the date of purchase. This is getting ridiculous and now I've turned this into an investigation on TapJoy to see if we need to do something about this problem. 

• PAGES
RSS