Help › Forums

Re: Haunted Showdown - 3 Bogies Still Not Addressed

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 28 2022 6:01 PM (39 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 11:05 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I only said it based on the date of Fall Showdown shown in the screenshot I'd posted.

That's what I meant about it being "so strange" your screenshot shows a date of the 12th of November yet the forum thread about the Fall Showdown was started on the 7th of October.  It doesn't matter at all, but it just seemed strange.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 11:12 AM

I see what you mean(t). Just that I completely forgot, didn't remember it actually started on October. LOL Yup, it doesn't matter at all.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 3:30 PM

Just to add to the confusion (which is nothing more than total incompetence by WGT programmers - no surprise there!), and also to call out WGT on a few now-to-be lies...

First the confusion - Simon posted a screenshot of the Fall Showdown, dated 12th November 2019.  I picked this one up from a friend's Showdowns history:

As you can see, it's dated 11th November 2019, and it's called Harvest Showdown, not Fall Showdown!

With regards to the lies, I picked up this post from the Ocrober 2019 thread that DodgyPutter linked earlier:

bossbird:

Wgt champion , in my case my oppo did not forfeit correctly , and left me dangling with the wheel turning , after a while I exited , expecting the game to be saved and for me to return to it, but it didn’t ! It had disappeared . I am not bothered as I then went and played again my three lots of 3 holes , but it does seem to be a problem. 

So even in 2019 it seems you occasionally had to replay the 3 holes, meaning this was NOT a recent fix as Nico said, meaning WGT are lying when they said they put in a fix recently.

Next, there's this post:

el3n1:
    has been a problem for eons and been reported

So this problem existed in coin rooms even before the showdowns started!

On page 2 of that October 2019 thread, WGTChampion posted this:

WGTChampion:

We've been following the Showdown very closely. When an opponent forfeits, the remaining player is able to complete the round solo and keep their score. In most cases this has worked correctly. We're looking into why in some rare cases players are receiving bogeys after finishing their round. 

_CHAMPION 

Rare cases?  I would very much doubt there were many entries for that first showdown, so to say it only happened "... in some rare cases..." is just another lie; just look at how many people posted about the error in that thread, then times it by 100 for those who don't use the forum, play on a mobile device and have no forum, and those who can't be bothered to post about the bug.  It is far more widespread than 'rare cases'!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 4:06 PM

MioKontic:

First the confusion - Simon posted a screenshot of the Fall Showdown, dated 12th November 2019.  I picked this one up from a friend's Showdowns history:

As you can see, it's dated 11th November 2019, and it's called Harvest Showdown, not Fall Showdown!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2022 6:06 AM

MioKontic:
    Rare cases?  I would very much doubt there were many entries for that first showdown, so to say it only happened "... in some rare cases..." is just another lie;

I don't think wgt would admit to lying, I think they certainly dissemble and spin to suit what they want to do, the bugs they intend to fix are probably the ones that make it to the bug log.

This was the bit from Nico talking about the Showdown bugs that I found most surprising.

then that would require us to probably focus on just revamping a game mode that happens like once a month taking away engineering, art, and probably copywriters time on changing these things

In this he seems to be describing the Showdown as being of little account compared to other stuff, but what other stuff?  "a game that happens about once a month" is misleading too. My first of these tournaments was the Monster Showdown (25th Oct 2021) and I have now played 18, not sure if I missed any-probably not.  I thought maybe the rush one's weren't counted (for some reason) but the split is 14-4.

So, the truth about the Showdowns is they're on for about 16 weeks a year and it's one of the most entered events here, probably easily the most entered where there is an entry fee. It has bugs that massively disadvantage those that encounter them but there is no urgency (to put it mildly) to fix these bugs.

If there were similar bugs on the etour or the Live series? Lol, they'd be fixed, or something would be worked out. What's the difference?  The main one I can see is who the tournaments are the main focus for.  Yes, there's also differences in prestige and prizes but for many that'll never win money in the etour or get the prestige (or whatever it is you get) for winning in the live series, the Showdown is very important.    

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2022 7:58 PM

SamSpayed:
    WGT has repeatedly claimed they can't duplicate the error, it's not on their list of bugs they're working on, and yesterday Nico posted in Discord that "the bogey glitch only seems to effect less than 1% of each showdown".

Just think if AMEX, CITI, et al used this logic.

• ArchieBunker85
    61 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2022 11:55 AM

Well my final round just got ruined. Bum opponent quit on the 2nd hole causing a loading glitch so I had to restart the app. When I loaded back in, the game was gone and I'm at +2... I'm just gonna forfeit the last 6 holes and stop playing in these stupid showdowns. Waste of time.

• RickinWaSt
    2,071 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2022 6:01 PM

Tip of the hat to those choosing to take part in these type of games in view of the annoying aspects! I have not for a variety of reasons. 

RSS