Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Chat Disabled During Game Play.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 2 2022 2:36 PM (4 replies)
  • JamesSnow1
    137 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2022 5:44 PM

Who's Experiencing the Issue on not being able to Chat in Online Play?

About 4-5 days for me.  WGT Censorship Anomaly?  Update Issue?

Been Playing for about 10 years Off and On.  Insight?

<paranoid.  LOL

• ScottHope
    10,010 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2022 9:08 AM

Don't be paranoid James, it's a bug. WGT do know about it. Seems to affect people in a random way, some have no issue, others can't post anything at all.

I played an alt shot earlier today and one player could only post the words "type message here..." which is the default text in the chat box, which is a bit odd. But maybe he was just messing around, who knows.

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2022 2:05 PM

Seems to work just fine if you click in the chat box before you type.  Click after the word “here” and the default should disappear…..and then you type your message.

• trickee
    307 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2022 2:28 PM

The temporary fix until WGT has a look at it is too select the center of the chat bar instead of the left hand side.. Do not click to the left where it says 'Type message here'. 

Someone told me this the other day and it seems to be working for me. Before I would always click on the left hand portion of the chat bar, and for whatever reason after this most recent update.... This is where the problem is now

• JamesSnow1
    137 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2022 2:36 PM

I suspect I got "Roboted" by a rare and probably tame Political reference I can't even recall.?

3 days Later....  No Chat, No Explanation... 1/2 The Fun is Gone... After 9 years of playing and feeding WGT plenty of money.

Gonna go... if not "fixed" soon. 

It's a Shame Orwell's 1984 is first and foremost in everybody's' mind.

WGT can fix My Issue with a simple EXPLANATION.

RSS