Help › Forums

Re: Please hide opponents clubs during matchs

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 29 2022 7:42 PM (2 replies)
  • Mcott778
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2022 7:03 AM

Wgt

First let me thank you for such a wonderful game. My friends and I have been playing for about 2 years now. 

My issue is that it is my contention that perhaps the opponents club selection should not be seen and vice versa. I know that I am guilty of watching to see what club my opponent is using especially in a tie breaker situation on a difficult hole with a strong wind. 

Perhaps you could make it an option for the player to select whether he/she wants to show their club selection but I think most would opt to keep it to themselves in a big match or tournament.

We all know that it is against the rules in real golf to talk to anyone your playing with in tournament golf about what club they are choosing to hit. 

I would love some feedback on this idea. Does anyone else have an opinion regarding club identification during match’s. Please let me know.

have a great day everyone…….Mark 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2022 8:22 AM

It’s not often you will be playing someone with same balls, same clubs and same apparel enhancements , so just don’t bother looking at the opposition, play your own shots and game and done worry about what they do . Especially as you won’t know if they play a full shot or a punch , or how far up the meter they go , or if they use any kind of spin . 

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2022 7:42 PM

Mcott778:
    We all know that it is against the rules in real golf to talk to anyone your playing with in tournament golf about what club they are choosing to hit. 

On tour, the caddie has ear buds listening to the live broadcast. He hears the commentator say what the other player's club selection is, so, no one has to try to look to see what the other player is hitting with.

RSS