Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Le Mans tournament 2022. First Edition.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 28 2022 2:00 PM (8 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 11:45 AM

Normal 0 false false false EL X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Greetings ladies and gentlemen. As the title says: Drivers/Players start your engines!!

This will be the first edition of WGT Le Mans Tournament. As many of you know, Le Mans is the most prestigious/toughest race in automobile sport. 24 hours of driving. So, I thought to create something similar here in WGT land. With no further delay i will describe the frame of this tournament.

Since it’s the first edition, I call upon 18 teams which have already participated in World Cup. Here they are in alphabetical order:

Aphrodite

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Bill's Band

Black Diamond

Blood and Fire Country Club

Kasias Korner

Cobra Kai

Freedom CC

Golfos

LFG Country Club

Nice and Friendly

SEL

TCC

The Bushwalkers

The Fairway Fanatics Golf Club

THE FOUNDERS CLUB

The Penalty Box

WGT AMIGOS

Rules:

Each Country Club can have a team of 4 or 6 players (to be decided yet) plus a captain. Each CC can name its team at will (logos will be appreciated as well for each team). Every player will be playing for 4 or 6 hours in a row then the second player will take his/her place to continue the race, then the third and so on. The game will last 24 hours. All rounds will be streamed, meaning the whole duration of the tournament (24 hours) will be streamed. This means that all participants must have active accounts to some stream provider (Twitch, Youtube etc). Videos must be available from the streamer for at least 48 hours for cross checking. Captains are responsible to deliver the scores for every session (however, the rounds will be registered from WGT, so, won’t be difficult to check them). Captains are also responsible to replace a player/driver on the fly in case of unfortunate events (such as: Lost connection for over 10 minutes, emergency for the player who has to run and all sort of sinister situations). Each player can have a break of 5 minutes after 2 hour of playing. I will keep this post open for editing the rules if necessary.

Race Rules:

Teams will be playing all 15 courses in alphabetical order:

Bethpage Black

Chambers Bay

Congressional

Erin Hills

Kiawah

Merion

Oakmont

PGA

Pebble Beach

Pinehurst

Royal St George

St Andrews

The Olympic Club

Torrey Pines

Wolf Creek

18 holes stroke in practice mode. Picked practice mode because will be a live draw few days before the tournament starts, which will dictate randomly the conditions for every course (wind, tees, green speed). So, every player must be extremely cautious setting up the course in a proper manner. The goal is obvious: make the best possible score on every course a player plays. The max time for the completion of every course it will be 1 hour. In case the player hasn’t completed his/her round in the above time frame, will have a bogey penalty for each of the remaining holes. The above rule does not apply on the last hour of each session where the player can deliver his/her score with no penalty. The next player will start the session from the next course available in alphabetical order. Apparels will be off.

Fees/Sponsors

Since I don’t have any sponsors, I would say that the entry fee for each team will be 20.000 credits for now. If there are generous sponsors of this event, there will be no reason for entry fee (which will be used for the prizes).

At this point, I ask kindly from WGT to sponsor this event with 100.000 credits. In my opinion, it will be exciting and fairly promotional for the whole game.

Time schedule:

The event will take place Saturday 5 of November 2022. It will start at 12.00 o’clock UK time (midday) and naturally it will finish at the same hour next day. All teams must be entered till Sunday 30 of October at 23.59 UK time.

As I said, I will keep editing this post since probably there a lot of things to be said on the rule section, the prizes etc,  so stay tuned and start your engines.

Sponsors:

Jimi 10K

POT

• swordthegamer
    35 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 12:48 PM

I will sponsor 10k

Jimi

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 1:57 PM

Yiannis1970:
    At this point, I ask kindly from WGT to sponsor this event with 100.000 credits. In my opinion, it will be exciting and fairly promotional for the whole game.

Just so I understand.  You want WGT to donate 100,000 credits for this, but only 18 clubs are invited (by you) to play?

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 2:48 PM

Yes. I want WGT to sponsor the first Le Mans edition tournament.

I called upon these 18 clubs, cause are the ones who participated in the World Cup. If other clubs want to play, the door is open.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 3:43 PM

Yiannis1970:
    I called upon these 18 clubs, cause are the ones who participated in the World Cup. If other clubs want to play, the door is open.

Okay.  A couple more questions.

1. How is the 20,000 credit entry fee per team to be paid?
    2. What happens if a player can't stream on Twitch or YouTube... are they not allowed to play?
    3. What's the credit payout structure?  

----------

I'd also like to point out a few things.

Yiannis1970:
    18 holes stroke in practice mode.

Yiannis1970:
    Captains are responsible to deliver the scores for every session (however, the rounds will be registered from WGT, so, won’t be difficult to check them).

Practice rounds are not kept in your Score History for verification

Yiannis1970:
    Apparels will be off.

You can't set Apparel Off for solo rounds, even in Practice mode

Yiannis1970:
    Normal 0 false false false EL X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

You might want to consider removing those lines from your post.  It look really stupid.

Yiannis1970:
    Cassias Korner

I think you mean Kasias Korner

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2022 6:38 PM

How is the 20,000 credit entry fee per team to be paid?

Since all the fees are going to be for the prizes, 20.000 will be payed via challenge games to those who will win the prizes. That's why i asked for sponsors which makes things a lot easier.

What happens if a player can't stream on Twitch or YouTube... are they not allowed to play?

Since the whole event has to be streamed, it's obvious that whoever can't or doesn't want to stream, won't be allowed to play.

What's the credit payout structure?

Naturally to be decided yet. As soon as i have the entire pot, i will update the post about prizes and distribution.

Practice rounds are not kept in your Score History for verification

True, my bad. However, the video will be up for 48 hours for cross checking the scores. Not much of an issue.

You can't set Apparel Off for solo rounds, even in Practice mode

Of course you can set apparel off for every round. Just go to edit apparel and under abilities tab you put everything to NO.

You might want to consider removing those lines from your post.  It look really stupid.

I know and i have tried various times to edit the text...nothing seems to work in order to fix it. When i try to edit it, the whole text appears perfect and can't eliminate the lines which appear after.

I think you mean Kasias Korner

Yes.

• JMH1
    285 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 11:04 AM

What happens if a player can't stream on Twitch or YouTube... are they not allowed to play?

Since the whole event has to be streamed, it's obvious that whoever can't or doesn't want to stream, won't be allowed to play.

How about Discord, Yianni?   Many of us prefer that for streaming. The drawback being that I don't think the stream can be saved for later review.

Jack

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 12:21 PM

Hello Jack.

As long as the round is recorded and then uploaded it on youtube, i don't see any problem.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2022 2:00 PM

I have 2 teams till now:

TCC and the golfos. Any others?

RSS