Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Coin Rooms Slower Than Usual?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 9 2022 2:25 AM (4 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2022 11:32 AM

My connection, for the last decade, is rock solid FIOS 100/100. I reboot once a week to keep things updated. I run hardwired PC for the game. 

Coin rooms are 80% of my play for the last year. I don't always have hours to play and these 1-3 hole games are perfect for me. 

But lately... last couple weeks especially have tried my patience. Coin room has 1500 players and I'm sitting watching that screen with assorted avatars spin by repeatedly, there are 26 or so before it reruns. I can sit for 3-4 minutes which feels like an eternity. Leaving and coming back in, on average, doesn't help.

Of course once finally get in a room and then there's several minutes of "loading" "reconnecting" and "waiting for players to connect". If it's a sponsored match, I might get 2-4 single hole matches before 30 min expires. At times I've gone to play lesser games because they are more populated.

It's really taking some fun out of it. Was hoping to hear from other coin room players to see if it's my bad luck of the draw or if others are noticing a slow down perhaps server related. Thx. 

Keep it on the short grass!  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2022 11:43 AM

Coin room numbers are wrong and have been for a while, I think they're showing about 4 or 5 times higher than the real number there.  No doubt it's "on the list" to be fixed but it's not a G & A issue so little doubt it's a long way down the list, with other things continually added above it.  Don't hold your breath.

IMO if you are after quick games with your sponsored time it has to be Chelsea, it's the only one-hole room you can rely on there being decent numbers in.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2022 12:25 PM

In addition to what dodgy mentioned above, the WGT server has significantly got slow since last weekend or so. Maybe it's just my region or my internet service provider but this is what I've noticed lately. If not, perhaps WGT is quietly fixing bugs behind the scene... hopefully?

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2022 2:25 AM

There was a bit on what he was talking about.

pdb1:
    As far as exaggerated numbers of players online . I think not . The numbers are real . And just a fraction of the numbers during the Flash era .

Is there any particular reason for you saying, "the numbers are real"?

nico — 14/07/2022

They are a bit more inflated than they should be. We have a ticket open for it already. 

Overnight the numbers went up by a factor of between four and five, "a bit more inflated" was misleading.  As far as I know the ticket is still open, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a great metaphoric weight of G&A one's building up on top of it.  Similar to many other long-standing issues.

RSS