Forums

Help › Forums

Re: PGA 2k21 & soon to be released PGA2k23

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 16 2023 5:51 AM (22 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2023 4:50 AM

Just out of curiosity, I bought the 2K21 version because it cost so little. I've messed around with it for a couple weeks. It has lots of fun bells and whistles and if I didn't know about WGT, I think I could play it as my go to golf game but I've invested 7 years and who know how much $$$ into WGT and am still having great fun with it so I'm staying put. WGT and 2K are as different from each other as night and day and I think both are amazing creations. FORE!

• Soup3rDye
    18 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 9:15 AM

have to agree with Nick on this. I got 2k23 for the non constant matches against people with a clear Payed advantage, and I can't even hit the ball straight with the 3 click or the mouse which is why I am still here playing against all the wallet warriors, lol.

• Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2023 5:51 AM

I set out about a week ago to give 2K23 a fair test run. I purchased the pro version, I borrowed an xbox controller, went through the training, practiced my swing for hours and pursued the "My Career" track with vim and vigor. (recommended) I did well winning several tournaments. I was promoted to the PGA Tour as a pro and reached level 17 in just four days. In all of this, I have concluded that 2K23 isn't for me. It has endless bells and whistles but overall, it doesn't hold a candle to WGT where it comes to the art and science of golf. If I had never known about WGT, I suppose I could have been satisfied with 2K golf but in my opinion, once you've experienced the best, 2K could only be a step backward. 

RSS