Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newbie needs guideance

Tue, Sep 6 2022 9:02 AM (5 replies)
  • Svcrux
    4 Posts
    Fri, Sep 2 2022 9:37 PM

Hi Folks,

I'm an older Fella 3 months into the game.  I have a little Parkinson's and shake a tad.  I am using Bridgestone 6.0 speed balls to help that.

My question is this:

I only have been playing 1 round coin games since I started as that is what I know.  I'm always given much higher level players to compete with.  My progress is stuck at 150 (not sure what that means) but most I play against have numbers much lower (like 65 or 70).  I am ready to take the next step to move beyond the 1 round coin game.  Can you suggest what the next "baby step" you recommend would be that would take me to the next level of challenge.  I hope for the next simple "logical" step" to get me out of 1 round coin games and start me on the road to progress.  Thank you for you thoughts.  BTW, if anyone is willing to take on a mentoring project I would be glad to connect.  My email is svcrux@gmail.com.

Thanks!

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2022 1:49 PM

The 150 number and the 65 or 70 is average, you attain an average by playing 9 or 18 hole Ranked stroke rounds.

The club you are in is dead, as in no one there plays regularly. The best thing you could do is find a more active country club, Are you on Discord for talking to other players?

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2022 2:18 PM

Svcrux:

Hi Folks,

I'm an older Fella 3 months into the game.  I have a little Parkinson's and shake a tad.  I am using Bridgestone 6.0 speed balls to help that.

My question is this:

I only have been playing 1 round coin games since I started as that is what I know.  I'm always given much higher level players to compete with.  My progress is stuck at 150 (not sure what that means) but most I play against have numbers much lower (like 65 or 70).  I am ready to take the next step to move beyond the 1 round coin game.  Can you suggest what the next "baby step" you recommend would be that would take me to the next level of challenge.  I hope for the next simple "logical" step" to get me out of 1 round coin games and start me on the road to progress.  Thank you for you thoughts.  BTW, if anyone is willing to take on a mentoring project I would be glad to connect.  My email is svcrux@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Do you play on a PC or tablet or phone ?

• Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2022 2:24 PM

I agree with PureGrow1. You need to get into an active club that specializes in mentoring newer players like yourself and one that uses a live chat app. such as Discord. I would recommend Kasias Korner, Simpatico Springs or Mostly Harmless. There are other clubs that do a good job in this area.  Good luck.

Jim

• Svcrux
    4 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2022 10:40 AM

I play on a PC and on a tablet.  I use my phone for watching videos for credits.  Thanks.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Sep 6 2022 9:02 AM

I have sent you a friends request , happy to help you if I am able , but I only play on an iPad , we should be able to play as friends if you are on your tablet , not sure is you only play PC, request a game if I am live and you want to play and talk or message me if you have questions . Lesley

RSS