Forums

Help › Forums

Is there an explanation?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 20 2022 2:56 AM (8 replies)
  • azoner46
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2022 12:28 AM

In recent weeks I've been seeing Players at Master and above that have very few Ranked Rounds, with the 18 Hole scores of 1 to 7 and 9 Holes with equally few Strokes, most are poor players that cannot Putt.

My brother is currently a Tour Pro and nerd that constantly asks me how this is possible?

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2022 4:00 PM

azoner46:

In recent weeks I've been seeing Players at Master and above that have very few Ranked Rounds, with the 18 Hole scores of 1 to 7 and 9 Holes with equally few Strokes, most are poor players that cannot Putt.

My brother is currently a Tour Pro and nerd that constantly asks me how this is possible?

Ignore everything pdb1 wrote in his post above, except for the trophy.  He does not understand your question and does not know how to answer it.

The explanation is here.  It was a WGT glitch a couple years ago that they've never fully corrected.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/622466/4702495.aspx#4702495

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2022 5:59 PM

As for the 18 hole scores, It was a one day glitch where any Coin Room games (1,3 or 9 hole) were counted as 18 hole Ranked Rounds. 
    So the person probably played a 1 hole or maybe a 3 hole coin game and had a total score of 5, which was counted as an 18 hole RR, therefore the best 18 hole round score of 5.

As for the 9 hole scores, I suspect that they aren’t as low as the 18 hole scores you’re describing and are probably explained by a very good 9 hole round of all par 3’s

• Oldtupp
    223 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2022 6:49 PM

Hi recently I noticed when checking  the profile of one of these newer players  I noticed there was now a changed from "Ranked Rounds"  to only round's played   seems odd is there any explanation what now constitues "A round "  ?

cheer Tupp

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2022 8:09 PM

azoner46:

I'm one of those that played many head to head coin games and very few ranked round my first 6 months in the game. Think I had 12 ranked round and progressed quickly to Legend tier. WGT is vague on coin games tier advancement. I think it may be conceivable to rank Tour Champ without playing a ranked round?

Only recently did I catch the other bug... my lowest 18 now says "3". Obviously meaningless. lol 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2022 12:48 PM

Oldtupp:

Hi recently I noticed when checking  the profile of one of these newer players  I noticed there was now a changed from "Ranked Rounds"  to only round's played   seems odd is there any explanation what now constitues "A round "  ?

In the app, it's in 2 places:  Total Rounds Played (on the Scoring tab) and Total Ranked Rounds Played (on the Tournaments tab).  It's the same stat, just in 2 different places under different names.  

On the website, it's only in 1 place:  Total Ranked Rounds Played (on the Tourneys tab).

The explanation of what a ranked round is has not changed.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2022 2:56 AM

pdb1:
    I may have misread the question

I'm sure that's all it was.  Cheers, Paul 🍺

RSS