Help › Forums

Re: Gimmes

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 16 2022 5:24 AM (5 replies)
  • PatrickPisshead
    13 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2022 9:23 AM

Hi all,

I've just played a hack who was offered (I kid you not) a 9.4 feet gimme on a tournament speed green! 

I have questioned WGT about the length of hack gimmes before and the response was just plain bizarre. I was told that it was done to reduce slow play! - Really?

1.  It is a virtual game, that means you and your opponent are the only players you will see on the course so the question is "Who is being held up because of slow play?"

2.  Every shot is timed and if you are too slow, you will be disqualified! 

3.  It is a violation of the rules in strokeplay. 

4.  It is frankly, grossly unfair to higher tier players. 

I would suggest that the real reason it is done, is so that new players will stay with the app and hopefully start spending money! 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2022 4:41 AM

They should sell “The Hack Gimme” in the Pro Shop.  It would help my 1 Putt % for sure. 😂

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2022 4:55 AM
    • A player is at the Hack Tier for like 5 seconds of their WGT life ... is it really that big a deal that they get given a "long" gimmie?
    • On a side tangent, Hacks actually have their own special room to play in that has only other Hack players and disappears once they advance past Hack. Maybe the solution should be that WGT locks Hacks out of the other rooms until they advance past Hack?
    • If you want to remedy this issue easily, play in the coin rooms above the lowest three rooms (Paris/Chelsea/BeverlyHills) as the rooms above these have no gimmies. As well they are played off of set tees ... no more tiered tee advantage either! (if you want to know the setup for each coin room click on the little "i" icon)
  • PatrickPisshead
    13 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2022 4:54 AM

Thank you, sounds like a good idea! 

• PatrickPisshead
    13 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2022 5:24 AM

🤣 Good answer! 

RSS