Forums

Help › Forums

Re: get some of the closest to the hole courses completed

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 18 2022 9:03 PM (3 replies)
  • dcviolator
    14 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2022 9:50 PM

I would like to see some of the closest to the hole courses become full courses at some point.   Instead of trying to design a new course, complete some of the other ones already on the website.  Pay Bandon Dunes, Hilton Head and Tahoe what they need to have them sponsored on the website.  

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2022 2:16 PM

dcviolator:

I would like to see some of the closest to the hole courses become full courses at some point.   Instead of trying to design a new course, complete some of the other ones already on the website.  Pay Bandon Dunes, Hilton Head and Tahoe what they need to have them sponsored on the website.  

First they are not designing a new course, They take 1000's of pictures then program the course based on those pictures. Here is what would make it difficult to complete a closest to the hole course. There were limited amount of pictures taken to have 9 shots. 

We were supposed to have gotten Bandon Dunes as a full course in 2020 for the U.S. Amateur but for some reason it didn't happen. 

All the other CCTH courses would have to be completely rephotographed and who knows maybe the course owners won't allow them to take more pictures. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 4:32 AM

+1000!

A propos Bandon Dunes:

When the Mixed Par 3 course was presented, I looked at all the full courses at Bandon, OR, only to see that none of them would qualify as a WGT stroke play course - they are simply too short, Champs and TCs (and others) would destroy them!

"Bandon Dunes" is Par 72 and has merely 6,723 yds from the back, black tees.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 9:03 PM

alosso:

+1000!

"Bandon Dunes" is Par 72 and has merely 6,723 yds from the back, black tees.

Wolf Creek is barely longer at 6828 yds and plays much, much shorter. WGT had no qualm about adding the course to its rota. Oakmont, Olympic, and Merion aren’t exceptionally long either, yet they belong on most people’s list of hardest courses. The challenge always comes down to putting, i.e. the greens. 

RSS