Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ping G20 vs Ping i500

Sun, Aug 14 2022 5:47 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2022 10:22 AM

I know the stats are exactly the same on both sets of clubs but does anybody know if everything else is exactly the same. I've tested other clubs before with exact same stats but they don't always perform the exact same way. The reason that I ask is because I had a set of the G20's & really liked them but hated the way they looked so I rented the i500's to make sure they performed the exact same. I tested a few clubs & everything seemed the same. Played with them for a couple of days & everything seemed fine. I sold my G20's a few days later to buy some balls but now the i500's seem to be acting weird. Like inconsistent distance on some shots when playing & testing them in practice mode. (very low side to side wind, no elevation & no apparel abilities) The G20's were very consistent & now I'm regretting selling them. I know some might think it's strange to upgrade clubs just because of looks but I have really bad OCD, lol

• GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 11:27 AM

I don't know what is going on but these Ping i500's are all over the place. Was playing a few games earlier & everything was going a couple of yards long. Go into practice mode to test them out & sure enough they are all going about 2-3 yards over what I mapped. Leave practice mode & go back in. Test them again & now they are going about 2 yards less. This is flat fairway with very low side to side wind. Using same ball every time. Go back into practice mode again & they seem back to normal. I thought these would be exactly the same as the G20's & they seemed to be at first but now the precision is horrible! Can anybody explain this?

• GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 5:31 AM

Has anyone every asked customer support to buy back discontinued clubs that they have sold? If so, is that even possible?

• GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 7:23 AM

Does this seem normal on a club with 4.0 precision & 3.0 spin? Very low side to side wind, no elevation, no apparel abilities. 9i full back spin with ball that has 2.5 spin. Ding#1 120 yards carry distance. Ding#2 118 yards carry distance. My G20's always went 119 yards on a ding. I variance of 2 yards with a 4.0 precision iron???

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 8:21 AM

GuDGeoNaToR:

Has anyone every asked customer support to buy back discontinued clubs that they have sold? If so, is that even possible?

Never hurts to write CS and ask.  If you have the credits they may be able to reverse the transaction.

• GuDGeoNaToR
    63 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2022 9:06 AM

pmm711:

Never hurts to write CS and ask.  If you have the credits they may be able to reverse the transaction.

Already sent message to them 5 days ago & no response. Have sent more messages since then & nothing. Says in email that they will respond in 24-48 hours. What a joke!!!

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 11:15 AM

GuDGeoNaToR:

Does this seem normal on a club with 4.0 precision & 3.0 spin? Very low side to side wind, no elevation, no apparel abilities. 9i full back spin with ball that has 2.5 spin. Ding#1 120 yards carry distance. Ding#2 118 yards carry distance. My G20's always went 119 yards on a ding. I variance of 2 yards with a 4.0 precision iron???

Yes, that seems normal.  

When I was mapping my wedge distances on Kiawah #1, I would see variance of up to 2 yards carry distance on dinged shots, with the same aim point and same wind.  And that was with 4.5 precision wedges over much shorter distances.  So with a less precise club (9i) over a longer distance, you should expect to see even more variance.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2022 9:02 AM

pdb1:
    There are probably not many that can  actually repeat a dinged swing . Even if it appears the same . It isn't . Humans do not have the ability to calibrate and set their motors to precisely repeat .

If you go to a course in Practice mode, you can take mulligans and only use your dinged shots for mapping.  Just ignore all your non-dinged shots. 

The way I would do my mappings was to take mulligans on each shot until I had hit 3 dings.  (With my poor ding rate, sometimes that would take awhile.)  Then I'd take the average of the 3 ding results and use that as my mapping number.  

• PAGES
RSS