Help › Forums

Re: Goals & Achievements - Live on Desktop/Steam

Fri, Mar 31 2023 9:13 PM (258 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 5:11 PM

SamSpayed:

pmm711:
    Something implemented without thinking everything through nor testing it to any degree whatsoever.  IDK where they get their PMs & devs...maybe they use VoTech students.  They definitely don't appear to be seasoned.  And I'm not putting down VoTech students as I hired lots of them...some way better than college grads.  I'm talking high school freshmen VoTechies.

Paul, I agree 100%.  You're obviously an IT guy, so you get it. 

I've also experienced the bug that Brian describes (not receiving item points from the G&A apparel packs) and the bug that Leslie describes (the purple "Goal Complete" banner popping up several times mid-game when, in fact, the goal is not yet complete).  Both of these are basic test cases - things that any competent QA tester or developer should have tested.  The fact that G&A has made it into a live customer environment with all the glaring bugs that they have shows (IMHO) a complete lack of quality and talent from WGT's QA testers and developers. 

And, to add on to that, the fact that WGT designed this whole G&A system without involving any of their customers in testing and providing feedback tells me that they are either clueless about what their customers want, and/or they simply don't care and are just going to do what they (WGT) want to do no matter what their customers think.  Personally, I think it's both.

+1 This 1000X

It's great to see another member with some cajones 

• Cavan01
    138 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 7:46 PM

2 days in a row hole out from off the green as daily goal. You had 1 last week, first two full weeks for me on pc version and will not get full 150 weekly total. In coin games the goal is as close to pin as possible and make putt try to win match, even games top players are not going to hope for holing full shot or miss green to try and chip in.

looked at my and some top player stats, my hole out average is once every 12.5 ranked rounds, one of the games top players with almost 4,000 hole outs averages one every 7.16 ranked rounds. I know I only play 1 or 3 hole coin games, not enough time in a day to play needed holes to fluke hole out based on average of once every 12.5 RR.

Just who the hell at WGT thinks this is a proper daily Goal. 

As I have seen in forums, some do not play coin games so will never get to 150 if you keep stupidly using hole out in coin game as a goal. Hell it IMO should not even be used as a weekly goal,

Another that has been used both weeks as a daily is bracket match, again not all play this game.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 3:52 AM

Cavan01:
    Another that has been used both weeks as a daily is bracket match, again not all play this game.

I can see this being done for the brackets as it take awhile for some brackets to fill up....or at least it did last time I played one.

• Cavan01
    138 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2022 6:04 PM

Until fixed stop using play x number of coin room games, Goal does not say win just play yet only wins are added to goal total.

• HalHoff
    815 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2022 7:23 PM

A few thoughts on Goals & Achievements

Seems aimed at newer players and at directing them to different aspects of the game rather than just PlayNow coin rooms. Can’t fault the intent as it is more “ball use” for WGT. As for the longer term players…

XP important til you pass Level 102,  then pretty much meaningless as all top equipment ends there. From a country club standpoint, once club is at Level 11 (15 free/15 paid tourneys) not much incentive til Level 19 getting 5 free course builders so XP irrelevant IMHO.

Silver coins, not much purpose other than upgrading apparel or having enough to play the rooms you want. If playing coin rooms only and that’s your style of play, I guess I can see the value. That value disappears if you happen to play WGT or club tourneys as the attributes of the apparel messes with your expected distances out of your equipment. Only apparel necessary is the SE hat for Driver distance and maybe something to extend your 3W distance in coin games (or clash). The rest I can do without as don’t want it to relearn different distances depending on where playing so bottom line…don’t care about apparel “attributes”.

Ball effects. smh 

Clash/TW “prizes”. Insufficient for efforts and $ some clubs put out as discussed for years now. 

For all the WGT veterans, Play the game where you want. If you want to chase these “goals & achievements”, go for it. I don’t really care to chase XP, silver coins (got plenty) , apparel boxes or consecutive days for that matter. I still play daily but not on WGT’s timer but to each their own!

* Please create an OFF button in settings for those not wanting all,the pop ups.

* I would personally rather want to see the developers work on getting Match Play, Alt Shot and ability to have 4 players format for mobile/PCEA.

*For mobile players to be able to pick their course and set up friendly matches would also be great.

*Permanently turn OFF Putt Preview in H2H matches. Should only be available for someone playing on a Practice course.

Ill end on a positive, PGA National is a great addition! Thanks

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 1:52 AM

^^^ THAT ^^^

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 8:27 AM

HalHoff:
    A few thoughts on Goals & Achievements

thoughtful overview.  the one thing I will point out and I know it is a matter of preference, but this --

HalHoff:
    The rest I can do without as don’t want it to relearn different distances

this is something WGT is banking on - when players chase something like the L10 common apparel hat for driver distance while using their "good" balls - they in effect are spending far more chasing an equipment upgrade that will cost them more in ball hits to acquire than it would cost them to simply buy a 10,000 credit driver in the pro shop.  

I could break it down for you - but that requires a longer post.  I have simply found - it is far more economical for players to adjust their apparel setup to play cheaper or promo balls competitively even if it requires a small bit of time learning a few more yardages - it is massively cheaper in the long run and saves your good balls for rounds where you may play competitively without boosted apparel.

Just my opinion, but anyone playing an expensive ball in coin rooms is throwing good ball hits away for something of little to no real value - the one exception you might make is when they opt to play the final round of the showdown where credits and free balls can be won - and there you might want to put your most competitive ball in play.

------

I also want to second these items though because I think it is a shame that mobile players are still excluded from these great options.

HalHoff:

* I would personally rather want to see the developers work on getting Match Play, Alt Shot and ability to have 4 players format for mobile/PCEA.

*For mobile players to be able to pick their course and set up friendly matches would also be great.

-----------------

as for the post below --

Cavan01:
    It does not say must win and win must not be in tiebreaker, it just says PLAY.

In the achievements section - on the progress for each coin room listed - it does in fact say for example "Paris Winner" and below that - Games won in the Paris room.

Each achievement for each coin room reflects the same - so unless that was changed with the last patch - I have always read and viewed this achievement as just that.

I am not aware of specific daily goals - which earn you stars - are being used to require specific coin room play.  But I do know coin room play does impact meeting some goals.

• Cavan01
    138 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 11:27 AM

Cavan01:

Until fixed stop using play x number of coin room games, Goal does not say win just play yet only wins are added to goal total.

Update, this goal is only counting wins that do not go to a tiebreaker, again the goal simply says PLAY coin room games. It does not say must win and win must not be in tiebreaker, it just says PLAY.

Either fix this or stop using it ASAP.

Current goal is play 5, I have been credited four with 4 won, 2 lost, and 2 tiebreakers played.  So I have, as goal simply says, PLAYED 8 games but I am somehow still one short of goal, this is total BS.

The whole thing is bug filled, on the achievements I have claimed the hole in ones without a single one made. The bug with it is it is/was counting tiebreakers won as a hole in one. I assume as it was single shot win must be being treated as hole out.

• Cavan01
    138 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2022 7:46 PM

New day new BS daily goal. make eagle or better, when click go goes to coin games. I play 1 and 3 hole only, could go days without a reachable par 5, so in 24 hours must rely on fluke hole out from fairway. Hell in coin games we have no choice of course or holes played so may not even see a reachable par 5 in one day. ( I play PC version' on it if have a shot land on green and tracking hole we cannot click to remove flag as we could on flash version, so any fluke would need to be perfect speed. I leave flag in on full shots as point of reference, no going to try and play differently now because of WGT BS.)

Does whoever dreams up these goals not think about how achievable they should be because some really are not. ( I know, the hope is newer players will put 100's of hits on purchased balls chasing almost impossible goals.)

Bad enough when games played really only means won without tiebreaker, when add in *** like eagle or better or hole out from off green as daily goal playing coin room games it really looks like there is not much thinking going on at WGT at all. 

• Kati1280
    1 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2022 8:25 AM

I feel your pain...except I made my 4th hole in one...finally got achievements for it, but it did not changer in my player stats...should show 4....still on 3.

RSS