Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What meter speed starts to make a difference?

Sun, Jul 17 2022 6:44 AM (5 replies)
  • bart2puck
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2022 8:09 AM

New to the game.  I just got a rental iron set that has +5 meter, and a glove that gives me +8 meter speed.  With both equipped I played a hole and notice no difference in meter.  What numbers should i aim for where i start to notice that pesky meter slow down?

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2022 10:02 AM

Your apparel is Level 1 so it isn't going to do too much but the clubs are 4-5 Meter speeds so they should slow it down a bit. It does also help to play with a ball that slows it down too.

I sent you some WGT balls that have the same meter speed (2.5) as the popular L33+ Triple Tracks which have the same meter speed to try out.

Also try closing the app and reopening it if you just rented and equipped those clubs as they sometimes do not load properly when first rented.

It's also a free rental weekend so you could try renting some of the brand name clubs that are L27 or under for free for a couple days. They might be better than the WGT set.

• bart2puck
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2022 3:13 PM

awesome, thanks!

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2022 3:04 AM

Adding to the above, I think that the free Starter balls act differently in combination with diverse equipment. With Starter clubs (and, maybe, the Coin clubs), they play "harmless", with relatively slow meter speed. But, with any custom club, the meter accelerates quite a bit, making play uncomfortable. Thus, custom balls are preferred (though some players stick with the Starters) to slow the meter down. This causes a steady trickle of spending as they have limited life.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2022 6:10 AM

bart2puck:

New to the game.  I just got a rental iron set that has +5 meter, and a glove that gives me +8 meter speed.  With both equipped I played a hole and notice no difference in meter.  What numbers should i aim for where i start to notice that pesky meter slow down?

You already got some great answers to your question...

I just noticed looking at your profile and your country club, you and a couple others are in a basically dead looking club. most of the members haven't played in some time and the owner hasn't logged a round since May. 

IF you like this game and plan to stick around, you would find more help and fun in a club that is more active, even a relatively small club with active members would be much better for you IMO. 

• bart2puck
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2022 6:44 AM

Ha, yea i just found one that had the meters..i will look for a more active group here soon.

thanks

RSS