Help › Forums

Re: A tree is a tree and is not a tree

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 9 2022 10:13 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2022 9:10 AM

Trees are supposed to stop balls and are to be avoided. This game has a weird relationship with trees. A single leaf can drop a ball or, even worse, lose a ball. Other times you go right through the trunk from point blank range as though it was a mirage. 

WGT golf has many nuances and learning the "friendly" trees from the unfriendly is one of them. Usually they come into play from the tee box where we are trying to shorten a hole that we can get in trouble.

Wondering why the developers decided on this tree scenario when other golf games provide a more realistic approach.  Here's a photo that happens to show my opponent completely stymied by a huge tree trunk, but like all of us, he simply ignored it and "poof" it never really existed and his shot landed on the green. The tree was there to knock his tee shot down, but then became a non-issue. 

hwjjzPkWrPoL6qB56

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2022 10:03 AM

Duphpherer:

The tree was there to knock his shot down, but then became a non-issue. 

hwjjzPkWrPoL6qB56

If he was able to play that shot straight then that's crazy 

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2022 10:35 AM

pmm711:

If he was able to play that shot straight then that's crazy 

Yes, the shot at the flag was not impacted whatsoever by the tree. I saved the screenshot fully expecting that massive tree trunk not to interfere. Great artwork, poor game physics. 

We both enjoyed a laugh about it after, so he saw exactly what I shared...  not just my interpretation. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2022 12:01 PM

I needed to take a whizz and went behind one of the trees.  People were pointing and laughing...I guess this explains it.

oi vey

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2022 12:03 PM

A hole is a hole is a hole...

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2022 1:21 PM

There must be a hole in it somewhere...

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2022 3:06 PM

Funny, Scott!  I do think there are virtual "holes" or inconsistencies in every tree on the WGT courses. Where your ball was bouncing back, as we'd expect, my opponent was standing slightly left of your example. 

There's an episode of Twilight Zone where this little girl rolls off her bed and disappears into the wall that comes to mind. I was about 6-7 yrs old when it aired and it scared the hell out of me. 

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2022 3:10 PM

Yiannis1970:

A hole is a hole is a hole...

Wow... the game didn't recognize the flag had been removed? 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 10:08 PM

ScottHope:

There must be a hole in it somewhere...

There you go.  LMFAO

Scotty…I love you dude. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 2:24 AM

Yes, I am so adorable, lol.

• PAGES