Help › Forums

Re: new laptop - "jumpy" graphics/gameplay

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 3 2023 3:40 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2022 8:48 AM

Couple of questions and some facts.  intel irisXe graphics, is not a gpu card, it is cpu based graphics contained on the I5.  This laptop is touted as being very WIFI friendly, are you running WIFI versus hard wired??  If WIFI, can you hook up hard wired? to see if it does the same thing.( I am guessing it won't)  I have found for other things on here WIFI is very iffy as to whether is works consistently correct.

The specs should allow you to play this game, but the laptop is actually better suited for business

• gjs93
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 4:30 AM

bought the laptop for general tasks (browsing, email, youtube etc) not for gaming but didnt think something like WGT would be a problem if i can call it that.

not tried hard wired, only on wifi. the laptop has different wifi settings for stuff like gaming or streaming etc. neither of those seemed to make much of a difference. 

also changed the graphics performance for WGT to high performance, again didnt make any real difference.

thought i was getting quite a good deal on the laptop originally but maybe its a bit of a dud :(

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 6:04 AM

I repeat, your laptop is fine and more than enough capable to run wgt without the slightest problem. Forget all about business use etc. WGT is one easy game. Is based on JPEG pics, so that make it a piece of cake for 11th generation intel i5 (even with integrated graphics). I play flawlessly with a 14 year old cpu and an entry level GPU (4-5 years old).

Can you make a small video and upload it on youtube to understand better the problem? Just a minute would be enough.

Before that:

Make sure your monitor is running at the recommended resolution.

Make sure your refresh rate is at 59,94 or 60 Hz.

Run the game using all the available resolutions in fullscreen and window mode. You can find them in settings.

Shut down all the unecessary programs in the background while playing (your 8GBs or ram are not ideal)

Change your energy profile to performance.

Check laptop's temperatures while playing the game. If you run at 60C or 70C can cause issues.

• gjs93
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 1:01 PM

think i may have cracked it after a couple of tweaks to the graphics settings using intel graphics command center.

thanks for all the suggestions and offers of help folks, much appreciated.

• NashinH
    10 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 11:48 AM

I am having the same issues with my new laptop. Please could you let me know what settings you tweaked in the Intel Graphics Command Center that fixed your issues. Thanks.

• PAGES
RSS