Re: Players Quitting but not Forfeiting - AS

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 7 2022 11:26 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Sun, Jun 26 2022 7:05 PM

Corollary to the other thread.

Perfect time for me to mention it since I "benefitted" from it.

Playing in an AS game on Cong B9, it was tight.  We were 1 down on 18th hole and opponents put 2nd shot about 6 feet from hole.  I hook mine into the pond.  Game is over.  If he had cc'd the hole, I would have been fine with that.

But he times out, after a few minutes, computer says "no outcome".  How in the hell does that happen?  We lost.

Also I had a pass in play.  I have no idea if the club got the points for it or not.  Was the pass wasted?  Can I ask WGT for an adjustment?

Tom.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2022 12:29 AM

jacktrade51:
    Playing in an AS game on Cong B9, it was tight.  We were 1 down on 18th hole and opponents put 2nd shot about 6 feet from hole.  I hook mine into the pond.  Game is over.  If he had cc'd the hole, I would have been fine with that.

But he times out, after a few minutes, computer says "no outcome".  How in the hell does that happen?  We lost.

These time-outs have (forever) created dubious game results. Rumour has it that the quitter may profit when some wager is in effect.

But not so much in an A/S, where only the win/lose balance in the stats is affected.

jacktrade51:
    Also I had a pass in play.  I have no idea if the club got the points for it or not.  Was the pass wasted?  Can I ask WGT for an adjustment?
    Any CDP bonus (at your first shot) and all the shots you took should have been credited to you and the CC immediately. OTOH, both of you will have missed the end-of-game boni, as you didn't make it to the finish. (There is a split second of pause just before the final putt drops to allow for this calculation).

So, the pass had an effect, and I'm guessing that WGT won't bother. And, if it was a free pass, it didn't cost you, and if you payed for it, you might consider to change your habits.

In general, my two Pfennig about MP games is that you should only play them for the fun of it, and NOT have any other goals, like "average" or "bonus", in mind.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2022 2:40 AM

pdb1:
    So if you lost . It was your P that quit . Regardless of the score .

Correct me if I am wrong but the only player that can quit a game is the one that is getting ready to hit their shot.....yes....no.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2022 6:52 AM

callaghan159:
    Correct me if I am wrong but the only player that can quit a game is the one that is getting ready to hit their shot.....yes....no.

I would imagine that anyone can simply close out the game, on their end, by closing out the game window, on PC, closing the APP on mobile or simply using the pull-down menu and exit game, at any time, without regard to who is hitting.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2022 9:41 AM

HamdenPro:

callaghan159:

I would imagine that anyone can simply close out the game, on their end, by closing out the game window, on PC, closing the APP on mobile or simply using the pull-down menu and exit game, at any time, without regard to who is hitting.

I could be wrong as well but I think Only when "you have the ball" can you actually use forfeit button in alt shot.

If it was a random disconnect or someone closing the App- It should go to the countdown screen waiting for re-connection or not. I think the way this ended- looks like the invite/game ending glitch we have had for a while now.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2022 11:42 AM

PureGro1:
    I could be wrong as well but I think Only when "you have the ball" can you actually use forfeit button in alt shot.

This is what I thought. The above screen shot by pdb1 is what I usually get when someone quits. Only reason I want to know is because there has been way to many quitters in A/S, mostly when they are losing and it usually cost me a pass. I have premier pass and only play a few rounds each day, sometimes I only hit one shot to keep my CDP active. I was going to do a wall of shame in my blog to remind who to be cautious of. Cheers

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 5:23 AM

another quitter today lol

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 10:39 AM

Just bear in mind this is happening in all aspects of the game and mobile players can’t even play AS format, therefore it needs sorting before we , the mobile players can become involved or it will be even worse ! I would love to be able to play this format , wonder when it might happen ??

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 6:11 AM

callaghan159:

another quitter today lol

At least it appears WGT has addressed the issue where quitters caused you to lose the coins.  So who cares if players quit vs forfeit officially anymore?

• PAGES
RSS