Help › Forums

Re: "One timeout remaining"

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 30 2023 7:15 AM (27 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Wed, Jun 29 2022 8:08 PM

Well explained, dudemeister. I see.

Regardless of whether I agree or not, if that many people think or believe in a certain way, there must be a reason why.

Sorry if anyone got offended by the way I expressed. My apologies to Marchie especially.

Simon

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2022 5:12 PM

The reason the majority(?) of people think a timeout allows play afterwards is because that's what timeouts are in sports (as someone already explained), and so that's what we have learned them to be.  WGT has decided to change the meaning of a timeout within this game... but didn't bother to tell anyone.  Why make things easy when you can make people suffer!

I've fallen foul a few times of timing out twice only to find myself disqualified (not because I didn't have time to calculate my shot I should add, that can be done in 10 seconds!), after which I came to the conclusion that a timeout is not a timeout as I, and probably 95% of the world, know it to be.  I agree, WGT should change the wording, but it won't happen.  And please don't anyone say it's not important enough; was changing F9 to Front 9 and B9 to Back 9 in Score History on the website important?  Was italicising Score History entries important?  Was changing background colours on the app on certain screens important?  Was adding "in ranked games" to stats important?  If anything, using the correct term instead of "timeout" is probably more important than any of those changes mentioned above.  But it still won't happen!

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2022 10:00 PM

MioKontic:
    I agree, WGT should change the wording, but it won't happen.  And please don't anyone say it's not important enough; was changing F9 to Front 9 and B9 to Back 9 in Score History on the website important?  Was italicising Score History entries important?  Was changing background colours on the app on certain screens important?  Was adding "in ranked games" to stats important?  If anything, using the correct term instead of "timeout" is probably more important than any of those changes mentioned above.  But it still won't happen!

LOL 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 3:26 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Sorry if anyone got offended by the way I expressed. My apologies to Marchie especially. Simon

No Issues Simon. I don't take any of the things that are said in these forums personally as most of it doesn't really amount to much more than minor squabbles in the grand scheme of life. If anything I said came off a bit harsh or like a 🍆, please accept my apologies as well. Marchie 😃

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 4:14 AM

MarchieB:
    No Issues Simon. I don't take any of the things that are said in these forums personally as most of it doesn't really amount to much more than minor squabbles in the grand scheme of life. If anything I said came off a bit harsh or like a 🍆, please accept my apologies as well. Marchie 😃

It's all good, Marchie. 🙂 Cheers.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2022 2:18 PM

pmm711:

MioKontic:
    I agree, WGT should change the wording, but it won't happen.  And please don't anyone say it's not important enough; was changing F9 to Front 9 and B9 to Back 9 in Score History on the website important?  Was italicising Score History entries important?  Was changing background colours on the app on certain screens important?  Was adding "in ranked games" to stats important?  If anything, using the correct term instead of "timeout" is probably more important than any of those changes mentioned above.  But it still won't happen!

LOL 

Mio, not only are you right I think the rush to make things clear for the mobile players could confuse things further.  I reckon the "ranked games" will be seen to be the same as (the number of) "ranked rounds" needed to tier up.

Paul, was the "Used disabled" thread deleted because of me? I didn't think I said anything controversial :-/ 

• believerforsure
    3 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 2:35 PM

So... why not just give people three timeouts. Then you would actually have two.

• bwsq
    98 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2023 7:15 AM

I'm baffled as to why this thread is even a topic of discussion.

Some of you guys just love to pick nits.

RSS