Help › Forums

Re: invites

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 28 2023 1:18 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • VanMeerV
    989 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 5:44 PM

How does one get invites to play ? alt shot do you have to go into the room and wait ? single and the rest, I am not sure how this works or how to accept the invites,

please help 

Vic

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 3:52 AM

Click on either of the invite notifications to bring up the next screen where you can decline or accept the invite.

If you are already in a game you will get the same invite appearing at the top left of the screen, but nothing at the bottom, click the invite to accept or decline it. After the invite has disappeared, if you click the escape key to bring up the left pane menu, or click the 3 dots in the top left of the game window, you will see an invite button which remains there for 2 minutes from when the invite initially appeared...

...click it to accept or decline the invite.

• VanMeerV
    989 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2022 4:07 AM

Thank you , 

Now I know what to look for 

Vic

• LoneStarLady
    3 Posts
    Wed, May 24 2023 12:07 PM

Do you have to have friends to get an invite? I chose not to friend anyone so where do the players come from who accept my invites to play in the multiplayer rooms? WGT support cannot answer this question. I’ve never seen an invite from someone else.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2023 3:04 AM

LoneStarLady:
    I chose not to friend anyone so where do the players come from who accept my invites to play in the multiplayer rooms?

If you have no friends list..lol...you cant invite "friends". You can play a game by selecting random players from start up screen if you start the game or you can receive a invite to a game by searching for a game.

• LoneStarLady
    3 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2023 1:33 PM

Apparently then what I need to know is how to receive an invite by searching for a game. How do I search for a game? I like to play in the Chelsea Room for 1 round. What screen should I be on to see invites to play Chelsea?

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2023 5:20 PM

LoneStarLady:

Apparently then what I need to know is how to receive an invite by searching for a game. How do I search for a game? I like to play in the Chelsea Room for 1 round. What screen should I be on to see invites to play Chelsea?

I think you're a little confused with how coin room matchmaking works. Players wouldn't receive invites to play coin room rounds when they are matched. Essentially, when a player enters a coin room, they are put in a pool of players that have also entered that room at that time and the game will match similar players from that pool to play a round. Hope this info helps!

Best,
    Sham

• LoneStarLady
    3 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2023 6:27 PM

Yes I am confused! When I go into a coin room players are apparently invited until someone accepts. Evidently other players are getting invites when I enter the game room. Where do I have to be if I am not initiating a game but waiting for an invite when someone else starts a game? 
    Maybe I misread your answer. So when another player enters the same coin room I’m in, we are automatically matched?

• AlaskanDame
    18,869 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2023 10:28 PM

LoneStarLady:

You are missing out on a lot of golf variety and potential for social camaraderie by being in a country club that has an AWOL owner.

If you ever want more types of courses to play and a place to ask friends questions, let me know.  You’d be welcome in the Friendly Active Players Club.

AlaskanDame (owner)

• PAGES
RSS