Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cheat programs

Fri, Mar 10 2023 5:11 AM (33 replies)
  • Lesthanpar
    1,448 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2022 2:09 AM

FlyOverGolf:
    My question is WHY would people cheat at this game? I have been playing for just over a couple months and find it very enjoyable. I guess I treat this game as if I were actually on the course, I tend to NOT do the math and not take a lot of time. It's more of a feel game to me instead of numbers game. I think it's fine either way I can see the attraction to both styles but to cheat is a bit sad. Do people consider the Putter Pal and Shot Pal cheats? I don't use them much unless I am breaking in new clubs, then when I get comfortable I stop. I like playing a more visceral game but I know I will never score as low as those that do the math. It's a disadvantage but I'm fine with it.

Some people cheat to score better plain and simple. I think more people are accused of it than actually are, it is going on, but I think it's minimal. I agree with you, just have fun with it. It's not like 5th grade math. 2 + 2 does not qual 4, It's WGT math with all the factors and variables involved. Having said that I do use simple math to figure shots but cannot be right on it all the time with all the variables.  As far as feel versus strictly numbers, a little of both for me. If you want to bird or eagle just about every hole like the top players do, then you have to have the numbers right. When people talk about cheaters, they are not usually talking about things like putter pal and shot pal. I was called a cheater in a coin game because of the clubs I play lol. He said how do you expect me to win with those cheater clubs you have? I said I don't expect you to win lol.

• Robbo81303
    409 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2022 3:17 AM

JDGHOST:

Ok so Just my thoughts ...Here goes 

So I play with some great players from time to time and I play much more often with players that are "Capable" of great scores...  some guys in  my club are very very good Even myself (I say with all modesty) We are ALL capable of those great rounds and low numbers.

What's the difference between a very good player who does lay down the 18-20 under par round from time to time and the Best on WGT? 

For "The Best"... These guys take the "Feel" outta the game

They have all mastered the mathematics and the algorithms...They have developed formulas  for shots and putting that are almost like having the "Pac-Man cheat codes in the 80's!! (Not to say any of um are cheating)

Now once you have these said formulas sitting next to your computer (Or on a separate computer screen) while your playing ( Oh yeah some actually run their formulas on another screen as they play) it comes down to only 2 variables left for these guys.

#1 Hit the ding!    And  #2 allow for the occasional WGT "That don't add up? BS"

These guys use calculators, spreadsheets, Wind gauges, protractors, trigonometry,  Advanced Calculus and Linear Algebra to formulate a shot or putt...They may even use Microscopes to read the dots on screen  and I'm pretty sure I even seen Young46 using an Abacus in a live stream (kidding Jason) 

So basically 98% of the "guess work" has been eliminated from the game.  And ALL the "Feel" is gone...

Now I personally can't and wouldn't want to play that way I am to "Right-brained".  Nor do I have the patience lol  (To each his/her own) I have never even used a calculator and have zero notes on any course or hole in the game. Now that's not to say I don't use a "formula" or have notes... But mine are just crammed in to my undersized brain. I go off  of memory on shots, holes and putts and I use a ton of "Feel" another words I may hit a certain putt a little harder and it breaks less.... I hit it softer it breaks more...I hit a shot "off" ding on design and therefore I play less wind on that shot  that it shows ...Things like that, These guys generally DON'T do that ...They pretty much play 100% Ding shots because their formulas are based on a "Dinged" shot or putt.

IMHO Josh (Smithers) amazes and is somewhat of  an anomaly in the group of "The Best on WGT" I know he does have basic formulas... BUT is very much a feel player at the same time. And he plays so fast I'm pretty sure he is not crunching numbers on multiple devices and using his handy  anemometer for wind every shot! There might be a few other top guns who play this way as well but unlikely.

So inconclusion what I'm saying is if your willing to do enough research in obtaining an almost foolproof  formula (Young offers up his on twitch) Or develop your own  put in the work of "Truly" mapping every course, every hole, every club AND shot type in your bag combined with a ton of practicing on hitting the ding near 95% of the time....You can become as good as anyone on the Game!

Oh last thought I have watched Young46 demonstrate his "Putting formula"  a few times and have no clue what the hell I'm looking at? Kinda feet Like Marty McFly watching Doc Brown explain Time Travel!!

I've heard this sentiment for years on these pages, and, while generally accurate, it will not overcome any favoritism (or, more correctly, anti-favoritism) from WGT.  I don't care who you are. When your one-putts drop from over 50% to less than 5%, when your precision circle is so wide that one dinged shot in three land upwind of the aimer, when you can map your clubs 5 times a week & get diferent results each time, ain't no amount of math or algorithms are going to change a thing until the shytheads in charge (or the algorithms under control of said shytheads) decide it will change. 

Nobody but nobody wants to (or should be expected to) throw away good time and/or money to essentially watch a movie under the auspices of playing a game of skill.  As long as WGT continues this nonsense, we will justifiably continue to get threads like this one.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2022 8:24 AM

JDGHOST:
    I would love to see WGT do away with the "Dots" all together...Just keep the 3-D putting images (When you click the "Green view" icon) That would be refreshing.

I have suggested and lobbied for that as well, at the very least in the highest level of competition or when credits can be won.

New and developing players may still need to see more to learn how to play and putt on the greens otherwise they may get too frustrated and not stick around.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2022 9:22 AM

el3n1:

JDGHOST:
    I would love to see WGT do away with the "Dots" all together...Just keep the 3-D putting images (When you click the "Green view" icon) That would be refreshing.

I have suggested and lobbied for that as well, at the very least in the highest level of competition or when credits can be won.

New and developing players may still need to see more to learn how to play and putt on the greens otherwise they may get too frustrated and not stick around.

I dunno about forcing it on anyone but That would be a fun addition to game settings- for match/alt shot games...

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2022 11:09 PM

el3n1:

JDGHOST:

Dots are so fun though. Sometimes they go this way 👉🏻, sometimes they go that way 👈🏻. Sometimes they move the ball even when they’re frozen 🥶. Although no dots would be super fun and imaginative 👍🏻

• pase4win
    232 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2022 2:10 PM

Fist2k8:

There are cheats they are called WGT GOLF who computer enhance clubs and balls which makes the game much easier than the advertised free play clubs which are garbage. The more you play the better you play simple as. Plus the game is crooked. Today I played a tie breaker. The hole was 14ft uphill 2mph in my face. I calculated I should play 150 yds which is the max my club should go with no wind and no uphill. I hit the ding and it went 159 yds. There was virtually no roll it just landed and stopped. Thats like tring to make a car go 200 mph when the max speed is 150mph it should be impossible. So WGT I will play for one week and give you time to answer why on earth that ordinary ball ended up 9yds further than it should have done or you can stick the game where the moneky shoved its nuts and refund my money.

Wish you all the Best    Lol

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 6:17 PM

Fist2k8:

There are cheats they are called WGT GOLF who computer enhance clubs and balls which makes the game much easier than the advertised free play clubs which are garbage. The more you play the better you play simple as. Plus the game is crooked. Today I played a tie breaker. The hole was 14ft uphill 2mph in my face. I calculated I should play 150 yds which is the max my club should go with no wind and no uphill. I hit the ding and it went 159 yds. There was virtually no roll it just landed and stopped. Thats like tring to make a car go 200 mph when the max speed is 150mph it should be impossible. So WGT I will play for one week and give you time to answer why on earth that ordinary ball ended up 9yds further than it should have done or you can stick the game where the moneky shoved its nuts and refund my money.

Well, there you have it. Quantified and peer reviewed. Undeniable and solid. We all bein' had, 

Good job! Whew! 

RSS