Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT sweeps ctth competitions

Fri, Jun 17 2022 5:38 AM (6 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2022 12:10 PM

Having never played these before can someone tell me where one can find the winners of the sweeps please. I appreciate the winners will probably get a notification , but are these winners names then published anywhere and if so where ? Thank you

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2022 1:01 PM

In the past they did announce who won but that stopped a while ago.  Try sweepstake winners in the search box and you'll see.

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2022 11:29 AM

I am actually the one that closes it out each month and pick the winners. I keep a spreadsheet internally on who wins what each month, I can start announcing them next month when they're all said and done. I didn't know they used to announce them, otherwise I'd bring that back. 

I roll a random number based on the amount of entries and pick them. The only times I go away from that is if it's an account that has issues or has a bad name.

bossbird:

Having never played these before can someone tell me where one can find the winners of the sweeps please. I appreciate the winners will probably get a notification , but are these winners names then published anywhere and if so where ? Thank you

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2022 12:10 PM

WGTNico:

I am actually the one that closes it out each month and pick the winners. I keep a spreadsheet internally on who wins what each month, I can start announcing them next month when they're all said and done. I didn't know they used to announce them, otherwise I'd bring that back. 

I roll a random number based on the amount of entries and pick them. The only times I go away from that is if it's an account that has issues or has a bad name.

bossbird:

Thanks so much for that insight Nico , good info and would be interesting to see the results , cheers Lesley

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2022 1:42 PM

Sorry Lesley I was probably being thick (you didn't change the title of this thread did you? Lol)  You mean like "May Manele sweeps" etc?

Try this WGT - Virtual Golf Tournament Results for the results but not the prize-winners.

Edit: And sorry Nico I was thinking of more of winners of bigger sweepstakes like these, I don't know if these one's were published or not.

Does it matter though, if people enter a competition with a prize is to know who won that prize not the least they deserve?  I know it's not quite that simple and that thread shows the conspiracy theories there may be, but I still reckon entrants should have the result available to see.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 5:07 AM

DodgyPutter:

Sorry Lesley I was probably being thick (you didn't change the title of this thread did you? Lol)  You mean like "May Manele sweeps" etc?

Try this WGT - Virtual Golf Tournament Results for the results but not the prize-winners.

Edit: And sorry Nico I was thinking of more of winners of bigger sweepstakes like these, I don't know if these one's were published or not.

Does it matter though, if people enter a competition with a prize is to know who won that prize not the least they deserve?  I know it's not quite that simple and that thread shows the conspiracy theories there may be, but I still reckon entrants should have the result available to see.

I didn’t  t change the title , dodgy , and I do mean the ones like you mention. I just haven’t ever played them and would be interested to see the winners , that’s all .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 5:38 AM

Lol I know you didn't change it Lesley, I was just kidding/excusing myself being daft :-) 

RSS