Help › Forums

Re: Middle of the month news

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 21 2022 1:49 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2022 8:17 AM

We haven't done an update so no noticeable bug fixes have gone through. Just wanted to post a little news update. Most of the bug fixes we have been working on this month have been for things that aren't out yet but should be out in the next couple updates.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2022 12:27 PM

I just had a quick look at Discord and it sounds like like the E-Tour may be finished.  Is that maybe worth mentioning in the forum?

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2022 3:14 PM

DodgyPutter:

I just had a quick look at Discord and it sounds like like the E-Tour may be finished.  Is that maybe worth mentioning in the forum?

It's not finished. We had a meeting with them yesterday

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2022 3:53 PM

WGTNico:
    It's not finished. We had a meeting with them yesterday

I did say "may be".  After seeing various people talking about it I tried to check out what I could.  A few things led me to believe it possible that it wouldn't be continuing.  

The people talking about it were mostly from CK cc.

Dreamhack are now owned by LIV golf. 

Previously the European Tour paid Dreamhack to run the "E-tour", I thought it unlikely they'd want to give money to a rival in the same way.. 

I think Topgolf and PGA have some sort of strategic partnership.  At least they certainly did have and I've not seen that it's stopped. The PGA seem unlikely to want to be partnered, however indirectly, with LIV. 

I thought much the same about Callaway etc not wanting to be associated with LIV.

Sorry if I've been jumping to (wrong) conclusions.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2022 8:16 PM

WGTNico:

Most of the bug fixes we have been working on this month have been for things that aren't out yet but should be out in the next couple updates.

Sounds good.  Thanks, Nico.

• okiechuck
    6,412 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2022 5:28 PM

WGTNico:

WGT now has gift cards!

-Share your love of WGT Golf with your friends, family or fellow country club members by picking up a virtual gift card today. Gift cards are available for purchase internationally and can be used to buy credits, equipment and other items in the Pro Shop.

Are these gift card going to be available in the Pro Shop in the future?

Cheers

• okiechuck
    6,412 Posts
    Sat, Jun 18 2022 4:47 PM

WGTNico:

Leadberboardv2

-We're still working on the leaderboardv2 bugs we're really sorry about the delay on them and we're hoping to have it all fixed by next update

How about just putting them back to the original state they were before you started messing with them. They worked fine for years before and why you wanted to foul that up is beyond me. Just put them back and all will be well again.

Cheers

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2022 9:47 AM

okiechuck:
    How about just putting them back to the original state they were before you started messing with them. They worked fine for years before and why you wanted to foul that up is beyond me. Just put them back and all will be well again.

In IT, that's called a rollback.  It's very common in IT (and, in fact, it's basic IT practice) to just roll back to a previous snapshot of the code, taken before an update, if there are major problems with that update.  I am mystified that WGT has not done this. 

Hopefully, the Leaderboards will be fixed in their June update.  Nico was not specific about what exactly will be fixed "in the next couple updates", but he did say in his OP that, regarding Leaderboards, "we're hoping to have it all fixed by next update".

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2022 1:49 PM

Hey everyone,

have another little news update for you all!

Leaderboardv2

• we were hoping to have all the bugs/issues that were affecting multi day tournaments fixed in time for our next update, but it looks like this won't be the case so we are pulling leaderboardv2 from Country Club tournaments and going back to the original version you all are accustomed to. Any new country club tournaments set will be back at version 1 for the time being
    • sorry again about all of the issues, they will make a return on multiple day/country club tournaments again after it is all fixed after the rework. 
    • you will still see leaderboardv2 on ready-go's and normal weekly single round tournaments since those no longer have any problems

Patchnotes Irons in the  Fire  Par 3 tournament

• another for fun tournament this week set by @patchnotes himself
    • best of par 3s
    • 15 green speeds
    • no wind
    • great opportunity to get multiple hole in ones and maybe map out some of your clubs

PGA National  

• I'm sure most of you have heard by now, but PGA National is coming to WGT soon. 
    • PGA National CTTH will be available in country clubs at end of June, as well as our own tournaments
    • the team is still working on the full course but we wanted to give you all a sneak peak into the bear trap
    • speaking of a sneak peak, look forward to our discord event next week where I play through the CTTH before it's in the game

• PAGES
RSS