Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clash #178 - Fountain or Birdbath?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 12 2022 12:05 PM (6 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2022 11:55 AM

We’ve had two Wolfs and an Olympic.  Others are not happy……from another thread:

120 Posts 
    06-09-2022 9:25 AM

Whilst expanding to 6 was a nice touch it seems rather pointless if you still get the same one over and over again. Today we have been “unlucky” with 3 x Chambers in a row, hard to get motivated to spend on balls and passes for this monotony.

Please @WGTNico make this a priority to address.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2022 5:22 PM

Now, we've had 3 WC, and 1 each of Oakmont and Olympic.  Pretty lucky (so far) this Clash.  

• Rapbuck
    205 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2022 6:48 PM

Have to agree the course distribution is still lopsided. Last clash we had KI and WC a total of 7 of the 10 clashes.

This clash we have had Congressional 3 of the 5 clashes so far and WC once.  

I'm not complaining about our club's draw but having 6 courses doesn't seem to matter if  there is still an uneven distribution.

The Who was right - "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2022 11:15 PM

We have had one each of Oakmont b9, chambers f9, pebble f9, congressional f9, wolf creek f9. 
    so far good mix for us  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 10:07 AM

Over the course of a few clashes these things do level out , it’s not the end of the world , is it . You might feel aggrieved this time but be happy next , that’s life. Lesley

• JayTSaward33
    180 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2022 7:43 PM

Clash 1 Oakmont - Back 9
    Clash 2 Oakmont - Back 9
    Clash 3 The Olympic Club - Back 9
    Clash 4 Oakmont - Back 9
    Clash 5 Congressional - Front 9
    Clash 6 Chambers Bay - Front 9
    Clash 7 Congressional - Front 9
    Clash 8 Congressional - Front 9
    Clash 9 The Olympic Club - Back 9
    Clash 10 Congressional - Front 9
    Clash 11 Wolf Creek - Front 9

Our course distribution for Clash #178 was good again. Never too many complaints as it seems to level out pretty well for us.. The only constant complaint for me when it comes to CC Events is my terrible putting every event.... but only I can address that

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2022 12:05 PM

No Congressional or Pebble for us.  6 at Wolf Creek, 2 each at Oakmont and Olympic, and (whew) only 1 at Chambers Bay.  Besides having Wolf Creek so much, we were very lucky with our draw of opponents.  Our best finish yet at 36th.

Lesley says it best…..things even out over time.  Some weeks, we have had top 30 opponents every round, it seems, and half our rounds at Chambers Bay or Merion while others are playing par 5’s and Kiawah.  Ya just never know.

RSS