Wed, Feb 15 2023 8:47 AM (140 replies)
  • i1488
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 3:15 PM

...and this is why I have no respect for Scottie Scheffler

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 3:23 PM

You guys do realise that the PGA Tour is "highly" funded with SA's oil money, don't you?

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2023 9:47 AM

As an older man these days, it took me almost 40 years to realise that the DEMs and REPs are just wings on the same bird.  I doubt this USA will ever recover from the "bird flu" that has come upon us.

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2023 11:58 AM

I love golf.  Whether that be the PGA Tour or LIV Golf.  And don't think for a New York minute that the PGA Tour is not connected to Saudi Arabia.  They have BIG money contracts with that nation.  So stop all the hate against LIV Golf.  It just makes you look silly.

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2023 4:46 AM
    Brooks Koepka’s brother, Chase, is currently 1433rd in the world and only relevant because of his sibling. He’s not even the lowest-ranked player on the tour. Sporting integrity is not high on LIV’s list of priorities, but gaining attention very much is. Gareth Bale next .
  • craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2023 4:55 AM
    His handicap is thought to be around 2 – and any decent pro golfer is expected to play off scratch (0 or better). In fact, both Rafael Nadal and Steph Curry are closer to making it in the world of elite golf, as things stand. Tennis legend Nadal is already a scratch golfer and has even competed in professional tournaments, finishing sixth at the Balearic Golf Championship in 2020..
  • craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2023 7:28 AM

That date has arrived.

Monday, 6 February marks the start of a week-long hearing that could shape the future of men's professional golf and potentially the wider sporting world.

At the heart of the case is a simple question of control and fairness. Can a governing body impose rules that determine when and where professional golfers can or cannot compete?

There are 13 LIV players appealing against punishments Europe's DP World Tour wanted to impose for playing in the inaugural LIV event at the Centurion Club in Hertfordshire last June.

They were suspended from the Scottish Open and two events in the United States and were hit with $100,000 fines for failing to abide by the tour's refusal of waivers to play the LIV event..

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2023 6:32 AM

That date has arrived.

Monday, 6 February marks the start of a week-long hearing that could shape the future of men's professional golf and potentially the wider sporting world.

At the heart of the case is a simple question of control and fairness. Can a governing body impose rules that determine when and where professional golfers can or cannot compete?

It is a result of the arrival of the Saudi Arabian-funded breakaway LIV Golf tour, to which Stenson defected last July, resulting in the Swedish former Open champion being stripped of Europe's Ryder Cup captaincy.

That was one of many skirmishes that have clouded the game over a past year riddled with unprecedented controversy and uncertainty.

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2023 12:23 PM

Cameron Smith, who reportedly banked well over $100 million from the Saudis to join LIV Golf .

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2023 1:31 PM

Tiger Woods says he is "playing to win" when he competes this week in his first tournament in seven months at the PGA Tour's Genesis Invitational..

Good Luck .

RSS