Forums

Help › Forums

Re: $200 million to join saudi tour .

Wed, Feb 15 2023 8:47 AM (140 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 2:03 AM
    Three players from the Saudi-backed LIV Golf Series have lost a court bid against the PGA Tour to play in the FedEx Cup Play-offs. The PGA Tour has suspended members for taking part in the breakaway series. Australian Matt Jones and Americans Talor Gooch and Hudson Swafford sought a temporary restraining order, clearing them to play at the first FedEx Cup play-off tournament this week. However US District Judge Beth Labson Freeman sided with the PGA Tour. The trio claimed the suspension was causing them "irreparable" harm. But the judge, in her ruling, said the lucrative payments offered by LIV "are based upon players' calculations of what they were leaving behind".
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 2:22 AM

craigswan:
    the judge, in her ruling, said the lucrative payments offered by LIV "are based upon players' calculations of what they were leaving behind".

Thank You, Your Honour.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 6:03 AM

This is the first lawsuit of many to come.  It will take time to get sorted out.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 7:16 AM

MojosMojo:
    Saudis teaching golf to kids is the wholesome alternative.

All fun and games till someone is beheaded for missing a putt.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 9:36 AM

PureGro1:

Kind of harsh I would say. Think I will stick to this putt putt version 

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 10:10 AM

callaghan159:

PureGro1:

Now you know why I turned em down...lol

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 2:35 PM

PureGro1:

callaghan159:

PureGro1:

Now you know why I turned em down...lol

$100,000,000 plus a couple lbs of weed each month....would that do the trick?

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 2:49 PM

callaghan159:
    $100,000,000 plus a couple lbs of weed each month....would that do the trick?

Mo Money, Mo Problems

They could never grow the quality I am accustomed to- Plus weed will get you beheaded their too I think or at least get ya Stoned...lol

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 3:28 PM

So simply for the sake of debate...

I understand that there are those opposed to the Saudi's for their cruel history. I get it.

To those of you that are opposed with this LIV Golf league, are you also opposed to the US selling 300 Patriot missile systems to Saudi Arabia for 3 BILLION dollars?

I am just curious where you all stand on that if you despise Saudi Arabia so much.

Don

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2022 3:57 PM

TopShelf2010:

So simply for the sake of debate...

I understand that there are those opposed to the Saudi's for their cruel history. I get it.

To those of you that are opposed with this LIV Golf league, are you also opposed to the US selling 300 Patriot missile systems to Saudi Arabia for 3 BILLION dollars?

I am just curious where you all stand on that if you despise Saudi Arabia so much.

Don

Joe Biden just visited Saudi Arabia and fist-bumped this "pariah" Prince because he was in desperate need of more Saudi oil.

The USA invaded Iraq and Russia invaded Ukraine. Same thing?

The point being the one factor that binds politicians of all stripes is hypocrisy. It's played out everyday in the news; Dems and GOP in the States and Libs and Conservatives in Canada. 

Fortunately, in some corners, there are those who still place honour and integrity over faux outrage and cynicism. It's a shame they rarely make the news.

ct

RSS