Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mouse confined to small rectangle on center of screen

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 9 2022 7:25 AM (8 replies)
  • DaltonW47
    43 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2022 1:41 PM

While playing in the Showdown today, my mouse would not move outside a small (2" x 4") rectangle in the center of the screen.  This has happened before and I could recover by switching to another application and then coming back to the WGT app.  Today, that would not work - I switched to other apps (via Ctrl-Tab) multiple times but could not gain control of the mouse (the mouse worked perfectly in the other active applications (Chrome, Excel)).  I was timed out of the showdown because I could not make a stroke

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2022 7:35 PM

If that happens again your best strategy is to close the app (not end the game) and then just reopen the app. It is designed to automatically save the game/match you are playing in and when reopened should attempt to reconnect.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 12:42 AM

Try disconnecting your keyboard.

Can anyone else make this happen by holding down any of the following keys while the game is open?

w, a, s, d, up, down, left, right (arrow keys) or any of the arrow keys on your number pad with number lock off.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 6:02 AM

ScottHope:
    Can anyone else make this happen by holding down any of the following keys while the game is open?

Nope

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 6:51 AM

Thanks Marchie. Wonder why it does for me?

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 5:29 AM

Scott I did notice that when I was playing my Showdown Rush rounds yesterday that when it went from the opponent selection screen to the actual game there was a small white box (1”x1”) in the center of my screen for a split second before it kept loading the match. Not sure if it’s the same thing and that maybe the OP’s is somehow getting stuck at the little box???

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 5:51 AM

It could be that Marchie, it's another weird one courtesy of WGT that's for sure.

• aoraki
    11 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2022 5:13 AM

Reported this problem some time ago, Never got resolved.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2022 7:25 AM

I guess if it's not a widespread issue then it's not worth WGT investing time and money into sorting it. Plus there's always the chance that something else might get broken in the process. 🫤

RSS